Bigger map possible?

General Discussions
Ashbery76
Vanguard
Vanguard

Bigger map possible?

Post by Ashbery76 »

I was somewhat disappointed that the maps size remains the same no matter how many planets are included.Would it be possible for bigger maps like 12 sector ,etc in possible future expansion,dlc etc.

We could possibly do with a suggestions forum.

eidolad
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Bigger map possible?

Post by eidolad »

Seconded. The map can be quite busy with massive density of things going on. Since every system has multiple planets...

Kind of would like an "adjustable average range diameter between stars" like what Sword of the Stars (the first and greatest) game does on the "disk" map configuration.

Hubble space telescope helped prove that space (and everything inside) is expanding away from each other like the dots on the surface of a balloon being blown up....

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

I support this as well.
I found myself a bit puzzled with the size of the galaxy being the same regardless of "size" you choose.

I like to play with the largest possible number of systems and planets, but the way it is now makes it fees rather dense and somewhat cluttered to me when I do that.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

I would like them to make the largest map choice to be atleast 2x larger, where it has 2 lots extra of 6 sectors, cause i encounter the races far to quick, admittedly its far slower then it used to be, but i feel like the galaxy is just too small, all it means when picking the different sizes, is not larger maps, just more stars and i would suggest that they add in many more sectors to make it feel like a galaxy and more a star cluster.

Verak
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Verak »

I would like to be able to mod the map itself such as the shape (irregular, elliptical, spiral) and size (small to huge) of the galaxy, planets, race location, stars, anomalies etc. added into the mix after all the bugs have been patched. I always get 4-5 stars around my home system with no planets.