Weapon arcs

General Discussions
Cumberlow
Vanguard
Vanguard

Weapon arcs

Post by Cumberlow »

When I first tried the alpha of horizon I had to rotate my ships to make use of all my different laser weapon mounts. However, now it doesn't matter what mount I put them on (port, starboard, bow, stern), they can all hit from any angle. Did that get removed in an update?

GhostOfGod
Vanguard
Vanguard

Re: Weapon arcs

Post by GhostOfGod »

Double check the weapon size that you are placing on your ship. If you are mounting Light lasers, signified by an L on the weapon mount, then they can shoot a full 360 degree arc. If the weapons are R or H (Regular or Heavy) then they are constrained to a 120 degree firing arc. Hope this helps.

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

I would like to point out that there are not exactly arcs when it comes to planets. Planets are large enough that you can usually site near one and blast away with heavy weapons that have arcs fixed to your port and starbort.
keller~

RheinJie
Voyager
Voyager

Post by RheinJie »

Ship combat itself is fairly basic though at least there is a damage 'facings' and weapon firing arcs that come into play. Ship design is fairly simple but passable though weapon choices and variety seems fairly limited from what I've seen so far.

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

though weapon choices and variety seems fairly limited from what I've seen so far.
Once you go up on tech levels a bit you will have some more weapons. Also, capturing enemy ships and doing digs can help you get more technologies (including weapons)
keller~