Questions about Refitting ships

General Discussions
matt3916
Explorer
Explorer

Questions about Refitting ships

Post by matt3916 »

I have several questions about refitting ships.

1. Refitting appears to be done on a system wide basis rather than at a specific planet within a system, i.e. if I have a Star Base within a system it enables me to refit all ships within that system even if some of those ships are orbiting a planet without a star base. Is this a correct statement?

2. Refitting appears to occur simultaneously rather than sequentially, i.e. if I queue two scout type ships for refit (each taking two turns to refit) and one transport type ship for refit (taking four turns to refit), then I will have two refitted scouts two turns from now and a refitted transport four turns from now. Is this a correct statement?

3. Somewhat related to #1 above, it appears that a shipyard in a system affects the length of time required to refit regardless of where ships are within the system. Is this a correct statement?

4. What happens if enemy ships enter a system where I have ships refitting? Can my refitting ships engage? If so, what "level" of "things" (armor, weapons, engines, etc) do my ships use in combat? And if my ships are "stuck" in refit, can they be attacked by the enemy ships in the system (for this question, assume I have no friendly ships in the system that are NOT refitting).

5. No question, but a request. It would be extremely useful if the Fleet Status (F10) showed "refit" in the same manner as it shows other activities. Even more useful would be if it would show how long until that refit is complete (such as Refit 5).

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Questions about Refitting ships

Post by Zaimat »

matt3916 wrote:1. Refitting appears to be done on a system wide basis rather than at a specific planet within a system, i.e. if I have a Star Base within a system it enables me to refit all ships within that system even if some of those ships are orbiting a planet without a star base. Is this a correct statement?
Ships automatically orbit and dock near a planet with refitting (starbase or shipyard) capabilities once the order to refit is given. This is to reduce micro for the player (having to manually orbit first before the refit option becomes available).
2. Refitting appears to occur simultaneously rather than sequentially, i.e. if I queue two scout type ships for refit (each taking two turns to refit) and one transport type ship for refit (taking four turns to refit), then I will have two refitted scouts two turns from now and a refitted transport four turns from now. Is this a correct statement?
Yes. In the current system you can refit simultaneously as many ships as you want though the turns they each take is dependent on the changes.
3. Somewhat related to #1 above, it appears that a shipyard in a system affects the length of time required to refit regardless of where ships are within the system. Is this a correct statement?
Ships will refit at a shipyards if there is one and reduce the refit time by half compared to refitting at a starbase.
4. What happens if enemy ships enter a system where I have ships refitting? Can my refitting ships engage? If so, what "level" of "things" (armor, weapons, engines, etc) do my ships use in combat? And if my ships are "stuck" in refit, can they be attacked by the enemy ships in the system (for this question, assume I have no friendly ships in the system that are NOT refitting).
Your ships are vulnurable and can be attacked during refit and you can also engage (aborting the refit). During a refit components are removed and replaced one or more at a time but not all at once, so if the refit is aborted the ship can still partially function.
5. No question, but a request. It would be extremely useful if the Fleet Status (F10) showed "refit" in the same manner as it shows other activities. Even more useful would be if it would show how long until that refit is complete (such as Refit 5).
Noted suggestion, thanks.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf