Game PC System Specs

General Discussions
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Game PC System Specs

Post by Zaimat »

Traditionally 4x and Strategy games haven't required modern PC specs or benefited much but this is changing. Things like increased CPU cores and multi-threading have become more mainstream and GPUs (Graphic cards) even more so with rasterization performance and higher VRAM buffers. All of these enable both new features and much better visuals even for Strategy games.

Horizon 2 will benefit from all of these and game performance and visuals will scale noticeably with increased PC resources and we plan to continue to do so in the future as PCs get ever more capable.

So what are your PC Specs? What monitor setup/resolution do you use?

Form factor: (PC/Laptop or Tablet)
RAM: (8GB or more)
CPU: (Intel or Amd and model)
GPU: (Nvidia or Amd and model)
Monitor: (Resolution and/or model)
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Re: Game PC System Specs

Post by Martok »

My current machine is a piece of junk. Am planning to upgrade/replace it this year.

PC Desktop
RAM: 12GB
CPU: Intel i5-8400 2.81GHz
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
Monitor: Dell SE2719H - 1920x1080 Pixel Resolution 27''LCD Display
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

I have two windows 10 laptop i use for new games.

My main laptop is an Acer V Nitro
RAM: 16 GB
CPU: i7-4720HQ (4th generation)
GPU: GeForce® GTX 960M
Monitor: LCD 1920 x 1080 (17 inch)

I have an external monitor as well on which i play as well with this laptop:

Acer S6 Ultraslim Monitor Serie with 1920 x 1080

Both are more than 5 years old.

I'll post the specs of my new laptop in a second post.
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

If you are planning a PC upgrade, currently supply can't keep up with demand on components like the latest Ryzen 5000 CPUs and Nvidia RTX 3000 GPUs but it should get better by Summer.

I would recommend the new Nvidia RTX 30xx series GPU for both desktop and laptops if you plan to upgrade. It offers the best new graphical features like Raytracing & DLSS that game engines are starting to use and will become more mainstream in the next few years.

As for CPUs, Ryzen 50xx CPUs currently are the best on offer, Intel has fallen behind somewhat but any 6 core/12 thread CPU from either along with 16GB ram will be great for gaming for a while.

For monitors, 27" 1440p (QHD) offer a significant visual upgrade over 1080p and have become very affordable and are at the sweet spot (any higher like 2160p/4K UHD can be too demanding for gaming unless you pair it with the most recent highest tier GPUs). Gigabyte M27Q 27" is one I recommend but www.rtings.com is a great review site for monitor selection.

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Martok »

Thanks for the hardware recommendations! I'll definitely keep them in mind.

As a matter of fact, the upgrade/replacement probably won't happen until summertime, so hopefully supply issues will be better by then. :)
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Abdel Aziz Hafez
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Abdel Aziz Hafez »

Form factor: PC
RAM: 8 GB
CPU: Intel i3-10100F
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650
Monitor: 1920x1080

With the exception of the GPU, everything is newly bought and is the best I could do with a 3rd world wage and absurd exchange rates. Don't hold back for me but please be nice and include me in the low end of graphic settings.
The Pope? How many divisions has he got?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Abdel Aziz Hafez wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:03 pm With the exception of the GPU, everything is newly bought and is the best I could do with a 3rd world wage and absurd exchange rates. Don't hold back for me but please be nice and include me in the low end of graphic settings.
That's a fine CPU for gaming and the rest should meet or surpass the minimum recommended for our game except the GPU.

While the new game should still run with a GTX 650 (1GB of VRAM) you'll have to compromise a lot on the graphic settings. So it would be ideal to upgrade the video card at some point.

The good thing is you can wait until you absolutely need it and hopefully prices for GPUs become more reasonable by then. And I totally sympathize with how expensive GPUs have become even in North American and Europe, let alone in other less wealthy countries. And we will do our best to optimize the game.