Introduction Thread

General Discussions
OzHawkeye
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Introduction Thread

Post by OzHawkeye »

OzHawkeye here. hehe.

Born 'n bred in Australia. I've been playing computer games since the first Star Trek games floating around on various mainframes back in the '70s and I've been a long time fan of the 4x genre.

Looking forward to seeing how the game progresses.

Yarodin
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Yarodin »

Hello.

I'm Sven from Germany, 37. I play 4x and Civ-style games a while (since my Commodore 64 days). Can't say I'm really good at it (despite the experience), but somehow I don't loose the fun even if I get my ass kicked around. :)
When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

boxoffrogs
Voyager
Voyager

Post by boxoffrogs »

Hello, boxoffrogs here. BOF for shorts. Been playing these style games for years. I hope this one makes it. Here to help and suggest stuff. Fingers crossed. Been playing since the days of MUDs with very slow dial up. I was that kid in the arcade blowing my allowance on Pac Man, Asteroids, Missile Defender. Yes I had a Coleco Telstar Pong Game...do I date myself? My first computer was a Kaypro. Here I is...ready to micromanage the sandbox.
One test is worth a thousand opinions.

Lightzy
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Lightzy »

Hey, I'm Lightzy, from Israel, just turned 30
I remember all of the dos commands (bit of horizon-forum cred eh)

moo2 on my all time top 5 list along with Jagged Alliance 2, Planescape: Torment, Space Rangers 2, and Quest for Glory 3 (I used to ask my dad to read me the game walkthrough guide when I was going to sleep. Don't remember how old I was when that came out:))

I've seen 4x and various other attempts at recapturing the greatness of old fail miserably due to the lack of sophistication and elegance on the part of the devs.
Here I see for the first time the type of elegance that made those games great.

I love that it's a type of combination moo2 and star control, supposedly focusing heavily on the narrative of each race. I hope they run with it all the way to the end :)

Love to all!

mjm800
Voyager
Voyager

Post by mjm800 »

Aloha from Hawaii. I found this game by accident! I've been wanting a game like this for a long time. I'm glad to see someone taking up the challenge and so far, I like what I see. The game has depth, not as much as I would like but as it's still in beta I am sure more changes will come.

Chaosspeeder
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Chaosspeeder »

Grüße from germany.

My name is André. I am a long term 4x player and fell in love with the genre with Sid Meyers Alpha Centauri and MOO2. I am one of the few people, who have had fun with a strongly modded MOO3 (thank you, bhruic).

Now I am eagerly waiting for the release of horizon. Keep up the good work.

Chaosspeeder

Wenla
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Wenla »

Hi,

I'm (username) Wenla from Finland, age 66. I like all strategy games, mostly TBS, and EU IV is (currently) my favorite game. I try all interesting looking space strategy games, but most of those are dispointings. I'll see what kind of this is...
You have to have a vision before you can define your strategy

petere10
Voyager
Voyager

Post by petere10 »

Hi am new to space games, have recently retired from UK armed forces, and just getting into PC Gaming, have played last 2 total war games, so thought i'd give this a try, so if I post any really stupid questions please remember I am new to most of this :) :) :)