Horizon to be available on Steam Early Access Games

General Discussions
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Horizon to be available on Steam Early Access Games

Post by Zaimat »

Hello everyone,

We are excited to share with you that Horizon is going to be available on Steam's Early Access Games starting in approximately 2 weeks!

If you are not already familiar, this is a recent program on Steam that allows those interested to get early access to certain games while still in development.

By purchasing the game earlier you gain immediate access to download and play the game in its current form and as it evolves up and through 'release'. In addition you aid us by supporting the game development and receive the game at a lower price point than the final price will be at launch.

Horizon is currently in an advanced stage with many of its features working but not yet fully complete. This means there will be plenty of opportunity to contribute with your feedback and help us shape the final game before it is released. Something we really wanted to do and are happy to have been able to work it out with Iceberg and Valve.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Re: Horizon to be available on Steam Early Access Games

Post by Martok »

Cool news! I don't suppose you can share with us how much it's going to sell at for this early access?
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Martok wrote:Cool news! I don't suppose you can share with us how much it's going to sell at for this early access?
Thanks! We're still working this out, I'll let you know as soon as I know for sure. But the way we want to do this is start with a low entry price point and raise it at different stages of early access as we get closer to the final product/the launch.

i.Ieviathan
Voyager
Voyager

Post by i.Ieviathan »

Yay!

Can't wait for this :) Are there any game play videos yet?

Oneida
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Oneida »

Was this Steam Early access thing, a result of my face book post, or where you already looking in to this?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

i.Ieviathan wrote:Yay! Can't wait for this :) Are there any game play videos yet?
Just screenshots at the moment. Once the Horizon Steam page is up there will be more. I know people will make videos once it's available on early access but I hope to have enough time to make one prior. We are still making some important changes (those have to get done first in time for the first early access build).
Oneida wrote:Was this Steam Early access thing, a result of my face book post, or where you already looking in to this?
We had been looking for some time at how we could arrange access to folks who have been on this board for many years as well as others interested in Horizon. The sticking points were always how can we manage the distribution as well as the feedback effectively. When the opportunity came with Steam's recent Early Access program it made it an easy decision, took care of most of our concerns. Still I thank you for the suggestion, it was a good one! Looking forward to all the feedback!

Fairin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Fairin »

still waiting impatiently >:)
=(^.-.^)=

" A person can look for their one true love and find them, but could they look like the one true love for the person they find. " - Fairin

jorgen_cab
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jorgen_cab »

I've followed your work for years now... I will gladly take part in testing it out before the release. The world just need a few more good 4x games. ;)

Traker
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Traker »

Waiting, waiting !!

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Guys, we have some updates:

The Early Access date has been confirmed for July 2nd, that is Tuesday next week!

{edit} The pricing has been confirmed but we need to wait for the Steam page to show it.

The page is up now but still being worked on. Horizon Steam page

More to come...

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Martok »

Kick ass! Looking forward to next week. :)
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Saracen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Saracen »

I'm in a bit late with this reaction (Blame OUYA for that)

But Woo! :P

Traker
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Traker »

Bloody Bonza, can't wait to have a go.

WinzLer
Voyager
Voyager

Post by WinzLer »

I'm so glad to see this game getting ready to kick some 4x Butt! I have been following it's progress for years! I'll be ready to get in on the awesomeness that is about to happen! :D

Veneke
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Veneke »

Just spotted this on Steam (not able to purchase until 3 July unfortunately) and am very much looking forward to it. I do find it a little concerning that there still isn't a gameplay video up yet though, are there any plans to release one before it can be purchased?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Thanks for sharing in our excitement, we can't wait to hear what you think of Horizon starting tomorrow.

re: gameplay video, please see my comments in the other thread

crimsonsun
Explorer
Explorer

Post by crimsonsun »

This has my full attention right now, really looking forward to what uve created.. Steam says 10 hours so 20:00gmt+1 but still no mention of the cost :( Is it possible for someone in the know to pm me the initial costs as I need to transfer cash between accounts, which I would rather get out the way ahead of time.

Many Thanks :D

drillerman
Voyager
Voyager

Post by drillerman »

For a game, albeit with early access via Steam, that's just about to be released I find it baffling that there are no gameplay videos already for people to watch and no pricing available. I would imagine, certainly in my case, that a gameplay video is one way of ensuring a sale. That, or possibly a demo.
This does sound negative but it does remind me of LOP a little bit.

crimsonsun
Explorer
Explorer

Post by crimsonsun »

I believe Zaimat is intending to post up some game videos today to coincide with the release, though I would not be surprised if we get a very brief one today with more detailed ones coming over the next few days, as the developers are likely running around like headless avians.

Kordun
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Kordun »

Hello Horizon Team,

I´m waiting for this game but 3 questions are very important for me to buy it in early access:

1. How much will the game cost when it comes out as "Steam's Early Access"?
2. Have you test the balancing problems?
3. You all known about Legends of Pegasus epic fail start and i hope you keep the early access phase as long as it is maintained possibleness!