"SPACE, the Final Frontier"

General Discussions
FAdmiral
Explorer
Explorer

"SPACE, the Final Frontier"

Post by FAdmiral »

It seems I have heard that quote before and I also recall it was one of the most successful & well-liked TV/movies
of all time. It used a familiar theme that started on the 3rd planet of SOL and ventured out into space. But before
that could happen, the planet had to have a solid base of just about everything worldwide. If I were to construct
a game exploring the galaxy, I would start there with factories, research centers, and all the things needed to start
this adventure. That would mean doing the game right and not leaving big portions of it to abstraction. Teaching
the basics of the game in a tutorial would be done using the sandbox method, not starting the beginning of the game
with it. All the initial boosts would be done in a storyline like "Horizon" first starts off but the player would not take
control until it was concluded. Then he/she would start by researching techs, building ship parts, expanding the
necessary buildings to support the added & final frontier. The sky is NOT the limit here. These games can go well
beyond it and should. This 4X genre, up to now, has been only the tip of the iceberg. Space is limitless as this type
of game should be. ***ENGAGE***