Captain's Log

General Discussions
FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Captain's Log

Post by FrozenFallout »

I was wondering if it would be possible to program in a Captain's Log or something of the sort.

I find my self wanting to record my thoughts on the game and also document what happens in the game as it happens.

What Im thinking is something simple. A note pad button on the Galaxy Map that opens up a simple notepad in the UI.

You could do more like having it place important events and dates to the note pad from the game world to keep a basic record of events. Maybe even link to Steam Workshop to share stories.

What do you think?
Last edited by FrozenFallout on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fairin
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Captain's Log

Post by Fairin »

notepad? in game? =)

although a history of what happened to your empire and your dealings with others should be recorded if you wanted it. like a text version of the news every turn. so you could go back and review if nessary
=(^.-.^)=

" A person can look for their one true love and find them, but could they look like the one true love for the person they find. " - Fairin

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Interesting idea that of a commander's log, very Star Trekkie of you :) Will add it to the wishlist.

For now we have added a report screen for each race that will gather and log a history of important events. It's should make it in the next update.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

Thats awesome. Really cant wait to see what new updates bring.