System Req Question

General Discussions
Saibashi
Voyager
Voyager

System Req Question

Post by Saibashi »

Hello. I'm interested in playing Horizon, but according to System Requirements Lab I can't. I'd like a second opinion. I have an ATI Radeon 4200 HD, integrated. Its crap for gaming I know. It has 256mb dedicated video ram. I notice the system reqs for Horizon say a minimum of 512mb is necessary.

It also says 3.0 Shader support, and I have 4.0. So the only red flag seems to be the lower ram. I have a hard time believing I can't run the game, looking at the graphics (no offense, game looks great :D ) I have run titles such as X-Com: Enemy Unknown, Call of Duty Black Ops, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 and Dragon Age: Origins, all with decent enough frame rates to be playable on the 4200.

So, is System Reqs Lab possibly wrong, or do I really need a dedicated video card? Thanks in advance for any help.

CrispyMouse
Vanguard
Vanguard

Re: System Req Question

Post by CrispyMouse »

You don't need a dedicated video card. I have run the game on my Microsoft Surface Pro.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Most video chipsets will share memory (use windows system memory) to augment the video ram. If your video chipset has this capability and allocates at least 512mb (preferably 1024mb) then the game should run as long as performance isn't too bad.

Otherwise anything less than 512mb with the current version will not be playable even if it runs. We hope to reduce the requirement further at a later date by adding low quality texture option but this is not available now.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Saibashi
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Saibashi »

Ok thanks