German / Polish / French or Spanish speaking players?

General Discussions
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

German / Polish / French or Spanish speaking players?

Post by Zaimat »

We would like to get some feedback from players who play games in their native languages.

If you are interested in playing Horizon in one of these languages, please post a note in this thread and I'll get back to you.

The German and Polish versions are ready, French and Spanish coming soon.

Thanks!
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

pho
Voyager
Voyager

Re: German / Polish / French or Spanish speaking players?

Post by pho »

Don't know why I'm the first but... I'd like to test the German Version.

Athanly
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Athanly »

Hello, I would like the game was in Spanish. It looks pretty good. Let's see if I can try it, because I learn little in English.

trident_job
Voyager
Voyager

Post by trident_job »

Hey, I'm interested in playing Horizon in French, as I'm ... well, seems very clear I think :)
As an open-source dev, I know how to report issue / trackers with full context, so it might help.

Zabo
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Zabo »

Hi.
I can try Polish version.
Zabo

climbs
Voyager
Voyager

Post by climbs »

Hi, i would like to know if there's an italian version of this game, thank you!

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

English and German are officially available since the launch.

Polish and Spanish are also available but we're still making some things. French not as of this posting, but very likely next week. Italian/Russian are not available at this time.

You can switch to other languages by using these steps:
1. In Steam, right-click on Horizon and select Properties
2. Select Language
3. Choose the Language of your choice, wait for the additional download
4. Click Play

If you find anything that doesn't look right please let us know, you can post here. Thanks!

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

I could take a look at the french version as soon as i install the game on my new computer at the beginning of April (replacing my current computer which is on XP).
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

The french version is now available with today's update. It got a bit pushed back since we were making the rest of the changes at the same time.

Good ol' steady Windows XP, we still use one for testing, Microsoft finally stopping support for it.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Currentely playing the game in french (which was installed with the update)....looking good so far!
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xyquas »

I'm playing the german version of horizon and have encountered minor grammar issues. If you'd like I'd look over the localization text file so I don't have to try to encounter every text in the game. I could send you a polished version of that file for you to diff it and maybe cross check with another german player.
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Xyquas wrote:I'm playing the german version of horizon and have encountered minor grammar issues. If you'd like I'd look over the localization text file so I don't have to try to encounter every text in the game. I could send you a polished version of that file for you to diff it and maybe cross check with another german player.
Certainly if you encounter any issues we would be happy to correct them. If you want to send a file/xml you can always send an email to us via support @ horizongame.com. Thanks!

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xyquas »

Zaimat wrote:Certainly if you encounter any issues we would be happy to correct them. If you want to send a file/xml you can always send an email to us via support @ horizongame.com. Thanks!
Okay - but where is the resource file with the german texts? I couldn't find one. My idea was to read through a text file and changing the texts that are not okay, sending this file back to you afterwards. I imagine it's quite an afford if I send you any text seperately and you have to search the place where it is.
As I'm a developer too I'm sure I can identify placeholders for race names and things like that ;)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Most of the text can be found under your Steam directory in xml utf-8 format:
Steam\steamapps\common\Horizon\lang\xx\gamedata\

Remaining text (quest and race descriptions, etc) is encoded but will be available when we add modding.

What type of developer? Games or Apps? :mrgreen:

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xyquas »

Zaimat wrote:Most of the text can be found under your Steam directory in xml utf-8 format:
Steam\steamapps\common\Horizon\lang\xx\gamedata\
Yep, found - missed this directory the first time I were looking :?
Zaimat wrote:Remaining text (quest and race descriptions, etc) is encoded but will be available when we add modding.
Okay, so I'll review them later. Actually I reviewed almost all current XML files and this has been a bunch of work already *phew*. I'll send them to you via above mentioned email adress of yours as soon as I come around to it.[/quote]
Zaimat wrote:What type of developer? Games or Apps? :mrgreen:
Nothing fancy, just solid Java Enterprise Applications - for 10 years by now. Why? Do you need support for your crew? :mrgreen:

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Xyquas wrote:Actually I reviewed almost all current XML files and this has been a bunch of work already *phew*. I'll send them to you via above mentioned email adress of yours as soon as I come around to it.
Thanks it's been great having someone who plays the game review the text over the translators who don't always get to see it in context. And I'm sure our German players will thank you too!
Nothing fancy, just solid Java Enterprise Applications - for 10 years by now. Why? Do you need support for your crew? :mrgreen:
Oh was just curious, I've done some apps development before too, you never know ;)

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xyquas »

Zaimat wrote:Thanks it's been great having someone who plays the game review the text over the translators who don't always get to see it in context. And I'm sure our German players will thank you too!
Thank you for your kind words. I think a great game deserves flawless texts - otherwise it spoils the atmosphere. I'm really happy I could make those changes thanks to you programming in good modern style externalizing the texts used in the game. And if this is of use for other people too, it makes me feel even better :D