Horizon Release version 1.0.0.73 & 0.74 – Update Patch Notes

View the latest update logs & patch notes
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Horizon Release version 1.0.0.73 & 0.74 – Update Patch Notes

Post by Zaimat »

Version 1.0.0.73:
* While the Tutorial is active the AI races will no longer pose a direct threat to the player until it’s completed or at least 75 turns have passed
* Ancient races expansion rate has been curtailed early in the game

Version 1.0.0.74:
* Fixed a bug that was causing a quest message to appear without player interaction
* Fixed Barbeck race ships not receiving supplies
* Planetary missiles bases will now reload ammo to full
* The race special ability Eco-Adaptive will now display its bonus - Can build a colony on any type of planet
* Quasi-Immortal and Immaterial race ability bonuses have been adjusted accordingly
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Horizon Release version 1.0.073 – Update Patch Notes

Post by FrozenFallout »

Nice fixes!

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

Good fixes, i have noticed that the alien races tend to expand towards me, as if they know i am there before they meet me and when they do, they go way out of their way to colonize a world, which would be impossible to do, especially for a ship with no supplies on board.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

There was a bug in beta that prevented the AI from expanding if their first scout was destroyed by the player or another AI race. The same thing with their colonizer.

Now that they are expanding, they are just looking for good planets. The ai races are playing by the same rule as the player. They don't know where the good planets are or where the player (or other races) are at the start of the game until they explore. So it's just coincidence if they find you or pick a planet that is nearby.

As for supplies on board, it slows them down like it does the player when out of range but they can still move and colonize. Also based on their tech level, their engines can be faster.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

Zaimat wrote:There was a bug in beta that prevented the AI from expanding if their first scout was destroyed by the player or another AI race. The same thing with their colonizer.

Now that they are expanding, they are just looking for good planets. The ai races are playing by the same rule as the player. They don't know where the good planets are or where the player (or other races) are at the start of the game until they explore. So it's just coincidence if they find you or pick a planet that is nearby.

As for supplies on board, it slows them down like it does the player when out of range but they can still move and colonize. Also based on their tech level, their engines can be faster.
True, but it can't be a coincidence when every single race expand and explore in my direction....everytime, you sure you ain't missing a line of code somewhere that tells it to 'come forth' or something like what they asgard did on stargate to get the replicators trapped in a time bubble trap?

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

I think what is happening is that it feels like they expand in your direction when really they started with a huge empire and are just expanding. Much of the galaxy from the start is controlled by the bigger races. I have started about 5 games now and you always start next to a large empire. My current game is year 2216 Im at war with the Tantik but have pulled most of the other major races into the war with me. I have found some cherry systems but the other races are everywhere.

Diplomacy is the way to go from what I have found. Go it slow and easy with every race but the Tantik and if you run into the Tantik early find friends. One thing I didn't know about until my 5 game on the release version, you can talk to other races if you place a ship in their solar system. You also get to know where some the Kor start and will run into others soon. Communication is good but with scouts you can do all the talking via them.

Also when in Diplomacy go slow easy and be very friendly or wary, give supply aid and tech to people to make friends. I have been able to friend the whole galaxy but you don't need to take it that far (there are even ways to get the Tantik on your side). You also need to be slow and steady. Don't just give them everything on turn one of meeting them. Slowly build up trust and let things take a few years if not decades to settle. Don't push things people don't want to do and let them make some offers to you. If they demand tech ask for some money in return its worth it early game. Also once you declare war vs the Tantik its easy to get many on board with the war.

If this is classic mode disregard all the above. If thats the case it might be just that there are allot of races and the map never gets bigger or smaller just the amount of stars on the map.

eidolad
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by eidolad »

I think I'll restart with this patch...in my current "normal" game I somehow am at war with the kor'tahz ancient race who were giving me quests at the same time....

even before I've even gotten into communication range with them. stopped being fun when three of their lvl 7 bombers came by to visit and I'm at lvl 5.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

We will be applying a new patch in a short while, with some new fixes (unrelated to the discussion here but just as a fyi).

As for quests, most quests can be done even when you are hostile to the race. The quest givers are considered a separate faction in the game.
Although you may not be able to finish some steps if you don't meet the conditions, for example the Kortahz mission line ending requires an alliance with them to complete. So you can keep doing it up to that point but no further.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Horizon Release version 1.0.0.73 & 0.74 – Update Patch N

Post by Zaimat »

2nd part of today's fixes is now live. See first post for details.

True_poser
Contributor
Contributor

Post by True_poser »

For some reason now all races produce food 1.25 times more than they consume.
Is this intentional?

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

Was wonder if its possible to remove fighters and star bases from the fleet menu. Due to fighters I have a ton of ships "awaiting for orders" and it makes it really hard to find the ships that really need orders. Star Bases are ok to have on the fleet menu but could you change their status to "ready" or something like that so they don't look like ships waiting for orders in the fleet menu. Fighters in the fleet menu is just horrible if you have a ton out at the end of the turn.

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

I also still get allot of "Launch Fighters" when doing auto. Would it be possible to make it so that it only says "Launch Fighters" if the player is the one to activate them? As in if I hit auto and my own star base launches fighters due to the auto function (enemy scout comes into system) it shouldn't say "Launch Fighters" as I can get over 10 announcements of it per turn now.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

FrozenFallout wrote:I also still get allot of "Launch Fighters" when doing auto. Would it be possible to make it so that it only says "Launch Fighters" if the player is the one to activate them? As in if I hit auto and my own star base launches fighters due to the auto function (enemy scout comes into system) it shouldn't say "Launch Fighters" as I can get over 10 announcements of it per turn now.
I never bother with fighter bays, i tried them, but it just ruined the game for me, so i never use them.

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

Yeah I just sacked most of my fleet to the Tantik so I could rebuild it. Not sure exactly how to refit a star base but Im going to switch off of Fighters. I also don't like having to control them since a star base can fit so many.

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

The only way I know of so far to refit a starbase, is to dismantle the one you have and build a new one.

Would be nice with an option to refit the starbase if you have changed the design, without having to build a new one, same with the ships for that matter.

MOO2 had this option, and I dont see it as too much to ask for, so I hope the devs will add it.

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

yeah thats what I was thinking. Not a problem for my current game as I have trade with everyone but the Tantik and they are getting wiped off the face of the galaxy so I should be able to refit. Also just got shields so really need to refit them :).

Would be nice if there was a refit starbase option as its a little much for some worlds to refit them via destruction and reconstruction.