Horizon Release version 1.0.0.77 – Update Notes

View the latest update logs & patch notes
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Horizon Release version 1.0.0.77 – Update Notes

Post by Zaimat »

We have added support for different texture quality video settings for different range of PCs.

In its current default setting Game memory usage has been reduced significantly (~25%) and should help overall game load time and performance for all but especially low/Medium range PCs. Low and High quality options will be made available in the next update.

Changes:
* Building purchase costs when speed buying is now based on the level of the building. Level 1 is unchanged but for every level after that it will increase the multiplier by one
* Income from Tourism and Trade traffic at very high levels has been slightly reduced

Fixes:
* Fixed Starbases launching a large amount of fighters which was causing turns to slow down due to the very high number of ships in late games
* Fixed an issue where fighters would not land immediately upon being recalled to their carrier
* Fixed an issue where sharing intelligence (treaty) could cause a crash
* Colonizing a previously occupied colony will have previously selected builds/upgrades cleared until the player chooses to build/upgrade (existing buildings are left intact)
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Horizon Release version 1.0.0.77 – Update Notes

Post by Lithari »

I have been having crashes with this patch, it just says 'this program has to close now' or something like that and it just closes and its in different places, it can be ending the turn or rushing a construction and it seems to be random, but often enough to know its gonna happen, but don't know when.

The only time it crashed prior to this patch was when i did something stupid with cheat engine......but lately, its been with no cheat engine running at all, it just crashes.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Was this a new game after the patch or a previous game that you continued?

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

A new game, each and every crash was from different games, but all post patch.

I made sure to check the files on steam, but they are all 100%.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Can you issue a report? I'll take a look. Thanks.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

Will do, but not sure how it would help, unless it saves when it crashes.

I am just at the end of this movie on netflix.

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

I posted this in a thread in the support section thats marked as resolved, so I'm not sure if it has been seen as there has been no reply to it
I hope you dont mind me reposting it here, since you mention fixing fighters among other things.

I have noticed that the AI have a tendency to use my fighters as a "shield".
They will shoot at a group of my fighters and take out some of them, then they will move into the same location as the remaining fighters.
This is turn makes it impossible for me to target the AI ships, as they are now "blocked" by my fighters.

I have tried using the tactic myself, but if I mouse over a group of enemy fighters I can only target them, I cannot move into the same locations.
The few times I have managed to get my ships into a position where they are "covered" by the AI fighters, the AI is still able to target me, while I cannot do the same.

If I move the fighters the next round, the AI will just follow the fighters and move into cover behind them again the next time its the AI turn again.

This is very frustrating as the fighters are moved last in every round, which means I cannot target the AI ships with my big ships, only the fighters.
This in turn results in the AI harassing my ships while I am unable to retaliate.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

Well, i never use fighters, but i would try zooming in to the enemy ship and see if i can target them then.

EisenHammer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by EisenHammer »

Bansheedragon wrote: I have noticed that the AI have a tendency to use my fighters as a "shield".
They will shoot at a group of my fighters and take out some of them, then they will move into the same location as the remaining fighters.
This is turn makes it impossible for me to target the AI ships
I think the (A) key on the keyboard will allow you to target enemy ships under your fighters. It does in my game.