Horizon Summer 2023 update v1.0.2.148

View the latest update logs & patch notes
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Horizon Summer 2023 update v1.0.2.148

Post by Zaimat »

Monday August 28, 2023

Some of you may be asking why an update now?

Over the years some features were requested many times while some bugs, minor ones may be but that nonetheless came to our attention.

And while we have been very busy working on the successor of Horizon it was always in the back of our mind to do another update to our beloved game.

So this is Part I, the gameplay affecting update for everyone. There will be a second part, an optional pack, more on that as soon as we have it ready.

What's new
. Research speed - can now be customized in play settings at the start. This will allow you to play with different progression speeds and allow for more diverse gameplay, overwriting the default settings
. Fighter Control - fighter squadrons can now be toggled between manual and automated control in combat. The setting is found in game options
. Ship initiative - can now be toggled off to allow each side to take their turn based on faction (whole side plays then the other instead of based on individual ship initiative). The setting is found in game options

Optimizations
. Ship Textures have been further optimized, primarily useful for handheld or tablet devices

Fixes
. Fighters will hover normally, a small glitch was causing them to move too fast while hovering
. Ship selector size will now adjust to the ship size
. Some ship thrusters that weren't showing were fixed (note: not all ships have visible thrusters)
. Non-combat ships are no longer able to be selected (to take control) by clicking on them in combat since they always try to retreat
. Surrendering to another race will no longer display earth destroyed (when playing as humans)
. Sector preview mode will no longer show ship scans by default. You can still hold-down shift to scan
. Continue game from the main menu will no longer be available for incompatible (higher) version saved game files
. Nebulae on background during combat is now slightly less translucent to make things less noisy and make foreground units easier to see
. Unit Movement grid in combat should be sharper and clearer now at all zoom levels
. Added tooltips to Ship Designer to make it easier to understand why certain components wouldn't be available (incompatibilities, limits, etc)
. Combat unit Movement and Power values are now shown in digits on the bars
. Some UI elements in other translations
. Some minor grammatical typos
. Other minor fixes

Removed
. Option to toggle off the Instanced Combat Manager, as this was the default and only recommended setting
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Re: Horizon Summer 2023 update v1.0.2.148

Post by Anguille »

Hi Raf,

This is awesome news! I am very excited to part II ! Will it have some new steam achievements? It's not very important but i noticed a while back that i like these kind of goals.

Seems like a good time also to try to release the game on GOG as well!

Wish you all the best!
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Hi Anguille,

Thanks. The second part will be an addon-on pack (DLC) on things requested prior. I hadn't considered adding new achievements but if you have any suggestions on what achievements would be fun to have I'll see if I can include some.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Zaimat wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:29 pm Hi Anguille,

Thanks. The second part will be an addon-on pack (DLC) on things requested prior. I hadn't considered adding new achievements but if you have any suggestions on what achievements would be fun to have I'll see if I can include some.
Hi Zaimat,

Thanks. Imho, it also depends on what you add in the dlc.

A couple ideas on the game as it is now:

- Victory by election, or conquest.
- Number of planets being terraformed.
- Victory with difficult setting.

But as i said, only if it does not require too much work.

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Martok »

Wow! This was most definitely a pleasant surprise. Awesome news!!
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Thanks Martok!

@Anguille - The new achievements are now live with today's update 1.0.2.149 along with some other things. Half the work was doing all the localizations but it was a good idea, thanks. Had to make it a separate update so it's available to all (no requirement to own the upcoming dlc pack).

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

This is very cool. I am not sure if i'll have be able to get all the achievements for the game again but i see myself playing the game for another 10 years trying!