Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Horizon Release version 1.0.072 – Update Patch Notes

Post by Zaimat »

Horizon Release version 1.0.072 – Update Patch Notes

New:
* 23 New Achievements added

* Economy - Tourism and Trade income has been adjusted to provide a much greater benefit at lower traffic values and an overall boost to the treasury early to mid-game. Game difficulty setting (when starting) a new game further affects these values.

* In tactical view the camera will no longer snap back and forth to another sector if there is no combat
* In tactical view the camera will now center on planets correctly
* The launch fighters sound will no longer play for non-player ships
* On the Galaxy Map the Move order vector will now display when management lists are open

* Fixed an issue where players could not switch the game language through Steam menu
* Fixed an issue in Ship Design with the tooltips not displaying correctly when the help window is open
* Fixed an issue where some mission steps would be triggered without meeting the right conditions
* Fixed race customization aptitude points not displaying the correct values
* The final step in the Varaian mission line can now be completed
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Horizon Release version 1.0.072 – Update Patch Notes

Post by FrozenFallout »

Quick question is there any plans in the works to fix power supplies so they have an effect on the game?

Also wanted to say love the improvements and think you have one hell of a game going here. Been waiting for release and plan on making some big noise on other forums and groups I belong to on the net. I hope you guys have great success moving forward to keep this game updated for years to come!

Also any ideas or plans that you have been brewing for future expansions/patches, and what do you feel is going to be your focus for upcoming patches?

Thanks so much for making such an epic game!

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

Another thing I have been wondering about now that we have maintenance that goes up as your tech level goes up, is there any way or any plans to make it possible to pick what tech level you fit to a ship to keep its cost down if you want.

For example my starting scouts for the first 50 to 100 turns don't need any upgraded tech, but if I find a site that gives me level 2 or 3 lasers my maintenance doubles or triples on all new scouts built. These scouts don't need to have the new level of tech as Im just using them to explore. Having a newly built scout ship cost me 2 times what my first ones built and theres nothing I can do to stop the new ships from costing twice as much per turn.

I really like the maintenance cost going up as you tech goes up as it makes mid and end game much better so I cant just spam 100 motherships with no worry to cost, but I think if your cost goes up as tech goes up you should have more control over what tech level goes into your ship.

On a small side note was talking with another player on the forums and he pointed out that there isn't a quick and easy way to see what turn your on with out doing math. Is there a quick and easy way to make the year clickable so that it switches between year and turn kinda like Moo3 did?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Some good suggestions there.

We are reviewing all the feedback and focusing on the most important ones first. Fixing any glitches that impact gameplay is a priority right now and making improvements that make the gaming experience better for new and existing players. We are also hoping to add the other languages next week.

After that there is quite a few things we want to improve on but we will re-assess once we have all the data before deciding on the future roadmap.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

Awesome thanks for the reply