December 20 2013 - Beta-2 Hotfix (version 4.60)

View the latest update logs & patch notes
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

December 20 2013 - Beta-2 Hotfix (version 4.60)

Post by Zaimat »

We have pushed an update to resolve the issue with the game crashing on start-up for some players after yesterday's big update.

The issue stemmed from a late minute optimization that did not play nice with some PCs (most specifically on Windows 8 ), we have temporarily disabled it until we test it further. Sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

We hope you will be able to enjoy the game now and please let us know if you experience any further issues..

Changelog:
- Disabled (until further testing) optimizations related to new Colony/Fleet/Planets window that was causing the game to crash on start-up for some players specifically common on Windows 8.
- Fixed ship design update adding extra weapons to default designs
- Fixed minor typo in Kor'tahz intro text
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: December 20 2013 - Beta-2 Hotfix (version 4.60)

Post by Zaimat »

bump

Madbiologist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Madbiologist »

Re-Bump.

Won't it be easier to sticky the last changelog and then de-sticky it when it becomes not the last one? So that the last one will be the only stickied one and will always end up being on the top.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

good point, sticky it is!

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

Was able to get in now and play around for a bit on the new update.

Have to say Im very impressed and very happy to see the planet list has been added which will make my life so much easier in Mid game.

One thing I noticed while playing for an hour or so was that if you bring up the fleet window (the one for fleets, planets and colonies) it doesn't have the ability to stick it in place. So every turn it puts it self in the middle of the screen or if I move it to the bottom it gets covered up by the buttons on the bottom as it moves to the center bottom.

I normally have the fleet window open during the beginning of the game so I can see what scouts are still surveying and which ones have finished so I can move them to a new system or dig up any artifacts. (On a side note still think you should only be able to dig with bigger ships then a scout just seems too easy to explore and get cool things with scouts early game)

Going to do some more testing and glad to see the econ got a nice little nerf that should make things a bit more interesting if it keeps up in mid game.

Cumberlow
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Cumberlow »

Really like the new planet/colony/fleet menu. Agree with the menu position resetting being annoying. Also the menu sort resets each time.

Would be great in the planet menu if it showed owner. When searching for a new planet to colonise I have to check if it is already or I have already colonized. Also, when I hit locate the menu hides the target. An option to hit colonise on the menu would be great, to automatically send a readied colony ship.

If under colonies it would be great if it showed what the colony was producing and the building limit left.

True_poser
Contributor
Contributor

Post by True_poser »

Planet menu is ok.
However, it doesn't help playing the game.

It should also show:
- ownership
- special traits
- one-time things like archeodigs availabilty

Also being able to set course for an available colony ship to a desired planet would be nice.

Anyway, trying to play as Barbeck and all my ships have 0 supplies and can't be resupplied.
Is it a bug or is it planned?

rune_74
Voyager
Voyager

Post by rune_74 »

Looking good so far, but you have a major issue with missiles. AI will target missiles every time and if you have a fleet battling near your planet and your planet fires missiles the enemy fleet will focus on them ignoring your fleet.

True_poser
Contributor
Contributor

Post by True_poser »

Still can't send ships to sectors from the first column from the left on the main map.
I have to engage sector and to move ships manually.

Barbecks suffer from not supplied ships.

Missiles are underpowered.
Missile bases' missile stock is not replenished between turns.

When playing as Tantiks you can still encounter a "Lezgoon lab" quest and fight Tantics.

There's no way to update already built starbases to the new design other then to destroy them and rebuild.

Starbases can't be turned.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

FrozenFallout wrote:One thing I noticed while playing for an hour or so was that if you bring up the fleet window (the one for fleets, planets and colonies) it doesn't have the ability to stick it in place. So every turn it puts it self in the middle of the screen or if I move it to the bottom it gets covered up by the buttons on the bottom as it moves to the center bottom.
Yes, this is something we will be addressing.
(On a side note still think you should only be able to dig with bigger ships then a scout just seems too easy to explore and get cool things with scouts early game)
Noted, we will revisit this. Survey or Digs will likely require special component on ships which could be best suited for medium+ sized hulls.
Cumberlow wrote:planet/colony/fleet menu improvements
We are noting all the suggestions, we plan to keep enhancing these screens over time. We will try to get some of it done by launch and whatever we can't we will add post-launch
True_poser wrote:Anyway, trying to play as Barbeck and all my ships have 0 supplies and can't be resupplied. Is it a bug or is it planned?
Thanks for reporting this bug, I have fixed it for the next patch to come.
rune_74 wrote:Looking good so far, but you have a major issue with missiles. AI will target missiles every time and if you have a fleet battling near your planet and your planet fires missiles the enemy fleet will focus on them ignoring your fleet.
Noted and will review this. The AI may be putting too much weight on missiles but it really depends on what it sees as more of an immediate threat.
True_poser wrote:Missile bases' missile stock is not replenished between turns.
When playing as Tantiks you can still encounter a "Lezgoon lab" quest and fight Tantics.
These have been fixed for the next patch. Thanks!

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

True_poser wrote:Still can't send ships to sectors from the first column from the left on the main map.
I have to engage sector and to move ships manually.
Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean sector 1.1? I'm trying to reproduce it or issue a report with the saved game and I'll take a look.

True_poser
Contributor
Contributor

Post by True_poser »

I mean all the leftmost sectors.

In this gif I've selected a ship and I am pointing to 1:1, 1:2, 1:11, 1:12 ,1:21 and 1:22 sectors consequently.

Actually, no save is needed, looks like it's resolution-dependent.
Out of 12 different resolution the game supports, this bug reproduces only on 1280x1024 (both windowed and fullscreen).

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

RESOLVED: December 20 2013 - Beta-2 Hotfix (version 4.60)

Post by Zaimat »

Resolved in release candidate version.