[338] Bombard Colony/Troop Display

Anything related to the test branch versions
CellNav
Contributor
Contributor

[338] Bombard Colony/Troop Display

Post by CellNav »

Hi Zaimat,

I just reported this bug to you. I seem to be catching bugs related to troops, it's uncanny :P ...

When a task force (with troops) has been ordered to bombard colony, after the sector battle and next turn loads, the displayed troops will read "0" on galaxy map. If task force ordered to invade on this new turn, after sector battle is done, the invasion battle begins and it will conduct the invasion with your original troop count.

It appears the Bombard Colony order unloads the troops somewhere in never-never-land, however, if you order that same task force to invade next turn the troops will magically arrive ... no harm, no foul.

Also, I wrote in the report about another bug in that sector regarding a "split formation" (different task force) and perhaps some order issues with that task force. You'll note it was ordered to do something (I forgot) but it's actually "returning home" for some reason. I know you're working on formation bugs but I thought it necessary to point that "bonus bug" out to you in case you wanted to fiddle around with it.

Thank you.
Don't let me wake up and catch you sleeping !!!

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: [338] Bombard Colony/Troop Display

Post by Zaimat »

I looked at the issue and what happened was the Kortahz who you are allied with had decided to invade Varaia, seeing as you are their ally and happened to be there they ordered your troops to land before you did :mrgreen: If you look at the planet you can see your troops are on the planet already that's why they weren't on the ship any more..

I have fixed it (v3.40) so an ally can't initiate an invasion if they have no troops there themselves yet. It's part of the coordinated attack mechanism. Also I changed it so other races won't initiate allied invasions if the player is involved (always leaving it to the player to decide the timing and command).

Thanks for the report! I really like how you are providing us the steps too, thanks for taking the time to do so.

P.S> The formation issue we're aware of, will be fixed but not just yet
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

CellNav
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [338] Bombard Colony/Troop Display

Post by CellNav »

That's good news! I'm glad you decided that the player's assets shouldn't be controlled by our allies. Also, you may have saved the life of my #1 Officer because I was about to throw him out the airlock for releasing the troops too early during the Bombardment!!! :twisted:

Now, I spotted a few more issues later on afterwards that I'll describe below. I might have a saved game but I'll have to look. Since you're ahead of many issues you might have seen these already :

(1) Embargo Request against my enemy? ... When I was about to move against the Har'kan to invade, the Kortahz leader requested an Embargo againt the Har'kan. I thought this was unusual because I was at war with the Har'kan and I shouldn't be trading with them anyway. I can understand why the Kortahz might want to place an Embargo on them because they aren't technically at war (I think, right?), but since I don't know the relationship amongst the other nations I can't really comment on the reasoning.

(2) Post Bombard "Action" reads error ... On the second turn of bombardment, if the defenses are taken down and the planet gets invaded with a Victory result, the next turn will show the fleet's order as "bombard" and it sometimes (not all fleets) will show the action as "error".

Have you seen that behavior?

Thanks for your work!
Don't let me wake up and catch you sleeping !!!