Visual progress of the construction

Feature requests or ideas
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Visual progress of the construction

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

This game is one of most appealing games in "space 4x" genre for me in the last years. Thumbs up for the great work, guys!

Unfortunately, there is one issue that troubles me: I cannot track state of my production! Planet lists is "toggle" style: either it shown that I am producing ships, or it's dark. No completion state. And while for ships I can see if I am producing anything, state of infrastructure production is totally invisible.

So I have the idea: can you display state of production at the planet list screen by filling correspondent shapes? If you'll display not fully "lit" figures, but shade contours that fills according to remaining percents, it would be great for me!

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Visual progress of the construction

Post by keller »

I cannot track state of my production!
Hello. You can see the number of turns it will take in the build queue which is located on the right hand of the planetary screen.
keller~

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

keller wrote:Hello. You can see the number of turns it will take in the build queue which is located on the right hand of the planetary screen.
Of course it is. At the planet screen. Unfortunately, it's not the fastest way to track anything. Planet list would do. But what can I see here?

1. This is planet Celti III. With 3% progress to the next research level and 20% of trading structure.

2. And this is planet Icota III, next in the list, with the fully finished Research laboratories and trade center.

Can you see the difference between this structures in the list? No. Because there isn't. And this is the problem for me.

Same about ships. :) I can see from list if I am producing anything, but there is no way to say when it will be done. "Filling image" would be the best. If it's possible to implement, of course.

Of course, if I could switch planet screens without list, it could be at least acceptable. But it's the theme for the another suggestion thread. :)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

Ah yes, I completely understand what you are saying on this. The planetary list just lists how many structures of each type you have on the planet but doesn't tell you how many turns to complete production. Perhaps the dev will consider placing this in a popup on the queue .
keller~