Trading items ability, please?

Feature requests or ideas
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Trading items ability, please?

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Right now there is only one way to get something for something: say "Give me X for you asked Y" in the diplomacy screen. It's all right, but it's only 1/3 of needed functionality!

Of course, it would be nice to have Civilization-like trading screen with my offers and theirs counter-offers. But even if not considering it, it still possible to do shorter version of it - in terms of the implemented diplomacy already.

See, for full-functional bartering we need 3 different types of deal:

1. Response to request with counter-offer. It is here, even if "request" is only "give me something". :) It will do, if complemented with points below.

2. Making your own request for tech/planet/money. It is here too, but only in the offensive form of "Demand". Game need another one, "Request" form of this. Such as "What do you want for this your resource?"

3. Making deals by opposite way, with offers. "What can you give me for this my resource?"

With addition of 2 and 3 trade system would be complete for me. :)

I believe also that it's quite possible to implement in the boundaries of the current diplomacy system. :)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Trading items ability, please?

Post by keller »

Right now there is only one way to get something for something
Yes this has been brought up before in several posts so it is a known game play issue. I 'm sure this will eventually become fully functional.
keller~