Can I have more strict war calculations, please?

Feature requests or ideas
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Can I have more strict war calculations, please?

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

I am finishing my first galaxy conquering.

And one problem troubles me: enemies simply doesn't want to surrender!

I don't want to kill them. They haven't any chances. I am controlling every system, except one-two. And still, I cannot make peace with them, because, well, they don't want to! :|

Maybe future option with _me_ offering peace will lessen the issue (right now I am only able to threat to full surrender or surrender myself - and it doesn't work). But I think, computer must take some initiative too! Right now it's very rarely "we want peace", one direct threat "surrender or die" from race that had only homeworld at this time, and one beg for mercy from the same race. (BTW, beg for mercy is indefinite treaty, it seems. Is it must be so?) And no one "peace" offer succeeded, if I am asking _anything_ (system is only options, actually) in exchange.

I suspect, there is something similar to how expansion threat works. I.e., no more than one offer in five turns or something. That is outright silly when I am taking five systems per turn. :) Can it be modified somehow to be more active, please? And more agreeable too? :)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can I have more strict war calculations, please?

Post by keller »

enemies simply doesn't want to surrender!
Warrior races will pretty much fight to the death.

If you need a greater challenge try playing in classic mode on normal difficulty with no race modifications (default).
keller~

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

keller wrote:If you need a greater challenge try playing in classic mode on normal difficulty with no race modifications (default).
Well, it's still my first game, and it's Earth on normal difficulty with "Plot" mode - is it "classic"? :D

I'll try Earth on the Hard difficulty after that, and will compile my general notes/suggestions after that. :) Right now I am simply trying to clear most obvious, and "universally wrong" points for me. :D

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

lol well, the most important thing is to have fun of course ;)
keller~