Special Slots

Feature requests or ideas
AerionIstari
Citizen
Citizen

Special Slots

Post by AerionIstari »

This is a very nice game!! It turned out to be worth the wait. Now here comes my suggestions:

I would like to see more Special Slots for specials like Fighter Pods or Shields. On some of the larger hulls, there are not enough slots available for all the things you could fit in it. Just eyeballing it, it appears there is space for 4 more slots along the sides just below the existing special slots.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Special Slots

Post by Zaimat »

Thanks, happy to hear you are liking the game. There is room on the UI probably but we are currently restricted to 8 slots, it shouldn't limit you too much though. Aren't you running out of available space once you fill your specials and weapons?
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

AerionIstari
Citizen
Citizen

Post by AerionIstari »

Zaimat wrote:Thanks, happy to hear you are liking the game. There is room on the UI probably but we are currently restricted to 8 slots, it shouldn't limit you too much though. Aren't you running out of available space once you fill your specials and weapons?
Where I notice it the most is when building either large troop transports or carriers. I don't generally arm Transports as that removes the Command Points. Carriers I prefer to be pure carriers with only Point Defense weapons.

An alternative might be to have Large Transport Pods and Large Fighter Pods that are 2-3 times larger than the base model with commensurate increases in the numbers of troops or fighters carried.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Thanks for the added feedback. While I don't think I can make the change quickly to Horizon. I understand the restriction is unnecessary and this is something we will account for in the future (expansion/sequel/etc) so the UI and back-end can support unlimited slots.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

AerionIstari
Citizen
Citizen

Post by AerionIstari »

Zaimat wrote:Thanks for the added feedback. While I don't think I can make the change quickly to Horizon. I understand the restriction is unnecessary and this is something we will account for in the future (expansion/sequel/etc) so the UI and back-end can support unlimited slots.
I don't think you need to support unlimited slots. Just that the number needs to be larger for larger hulls.

I also like how there are different firing arcs based on the mount type. (ie Light mount has 360 deg while other mounts are 90 degrees. One thought I had though is that it would be nice if Regular mounts had 180 deg arc. That would make give a reason to use them even when Heavy is available. Or even allow firing arcs to be expanded by increasing the space requirements.