Diplomacy complains I: expansion

Feature requests or ideas
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Diplomacy complains I: expansion

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Now and again I see the same thing: I am fighting with enemy and taking over their planets... only to get warning from here and there: "You are expanding too much!" Ah, great, what do you want, people? To kill every single citizen on every battling planet to make you happy? Come on, guys, you look like genocide idiots!

So, proposal: how about excluding enemy planets from the expansion check? Or, if it is not possible, change expansion check altogether: at one time you told that it's systems that counts, not individual planets. It would relieve the pressure if it would be right... but it's obviously wrong, as I am getting demands every single turn after several seizures - even if it was third enemy planet in 6-planets system.

Another unexpected consequence is "cultural pressure". Now and again I see opponents settling in _my_ systems, after that relations are deteriorate quickly, up to stage "You are occupying our system and must leave it immediately!" Can it be differentiate? Like, say, "System counts yours only if you have more than half of the habitable planets".

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Diplomacy complains I: expansion

Post by Zaimat »

"Expanding too much" is still based on systems (not planets) within a number of turns. Off the top of my head I think it's about 3 systems within 10 turns, adjusted by difficulty setting.

I think this is the previous (old) thread about it:
http://forum.l3o.com/viewtopic.php?f=7& ... ding#p5032

For your second point, the AI will not usually colonize a planet in a system where another race has colonies, the exception is when the order to colonize is already in progress and another race beats them to the system.

If neither of these are meeting your expectations, feel free to send me the reports and I'll take a look at them.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Zaimat wrote:"Expanding too much" is still based on systems (not planets) within a number of turns. Off the top of my head I think it's about 3 systems within 10 turns, adjusted by difficulty setting.
Strange. Another "queued demand" then? Well, right now I am rounding up several wars at once, so it can mess things around, and I have no idea when I'll finish that game... but I'll give you needed saves when it will arise for me again. Thank you for your patience.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Don't worry if you don't have saves but if you come across it's helpful. I will still review and see if it can be improved, I've made changes to this in the past twice but it's very tricky.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf