1. Ability to Design ground combat units. The game is not automatically using the best default weapons for ground troops. I and my enemy both have lvl-10 plasma weapon, it's using them and mine are defaulting to a level 6 handgun. Use same system as ships for ground units. In strategic view, it says I'm using the lvl 10 rifle, but in tactical combat on ground invasion, It's defaulting to the lvl 6 handgun.
2. Why cant I use Auxiliary Pods on Star Bases? Bases should be overpowered, as it is, these are currently made of eggshell.
3. Bigger maps, not necessarily more stars, just more space. Ive seen several requests on this one, so I'm seconding.
4. Alternate sets of Ship graphics. Some of these ship designs look like blobs of fat, some are cool. Sorry, no offense meant.
5. Weapons arc tweaks, L @ 360 is good, H @ 120 is good, R should be 220 to 240 degree arc, give some overlap to kill zones.
6. I should be able to vary my build-runs in each size que. Give a small penalty to represent changeover costs and time.
7. Fighter battle speed too slow. My capital ships shouldn't be able to outrun my fighters in combat. Half the time the battle is over before the fighters get to target. Maybe delay launch until closer (for an easy fix).
Post subject: Re: Suggestions for increased immersion
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:09 pm
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:04 pm
1. I'll review the ground combat regarding using their best hand weapon.
2. Simple reason was for balance, did not want Star bases to become too powerful. Do you find them needing more punch or more survivability? The last update (126.96.36.199) made some changes that benefited starbases, do you still feel they are 'lacking' ?
3. Bigger maps is not something we can do easily or definitely we would have liked to do it. This is something that would require an expansion/sequel to realize.
4. No offense taken and I appreciate the honest feedback. Art and graphics is an area we hope to make major improvements with our next game.