"All warfare is based on deception..." -- Sun Tzu

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DavionFuxa Plays Horizon
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:25 pm 
Voyager
Voyager
Greetings

I've started a Let's Play for Horizon on YouTube. So far I've got Three episodes up but I plan to keep uploading 1 to 2 videos each week.

Check out my playlist here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrTtpyNZK82N0kigD_tlsqshGKlHfGkt

Post subject: Re: DavionFuxa Plays Horizon
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:05 pm 
Voyager
Voyager
Hey all, my playlist for Horizon is now up to 5 videos. I'll likely be looking to do at least a couple of videos for Horizon for next week.

I figured I would drop a note that I'm uploading my videos every Saturday, so keep a sharp look out then for new videos.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:10 am 
Voyager
Voyager
So, another video is up, but this time there is something of distinct note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyadIz8GKDo&feature=youtu.be

For the episodes preceeding this one, I played with the Human Federation and more or less explored the game. This episode takes a run starting out with the Barsig, a different race, and one that doesn't start settling on Desert planets. What's more, I also somehow luck into getting Terraforming in this same episode.

Anyhow, long story short I'm wondering if people would be interested in me playing with another race - not necessarily the Barsig either. I could also just go back to the Human Federation too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:03 pm 
Voyager
Voyager
To those viewing, thank you for viewing my videos. However, I've decided that I will be making my last video for Horizon - up now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnb4Mtm4DW0

While I enjoyed the nostalgia for the game, I've decided it isn't totally a 4X game I really want to continue playing. The last episode 'sort' of puts across the reasons of why.

Though to sum up those reasons, I don't much care for the representation of information - whether that be the lack of it. I also don't like some other factors that arise from that lack of information - such as predictability and foresight from my actions.

Another thing of note is that I don't much care for some of the game mechanics, such as how ships are done and how structures on planets work.

But I will note again, I did enjoy playing it for the 20 or so hours leading up to this point, and I do hope that I may come back to this game perhaps in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm 
Vanguard
Advisor
Advisor
Vanguard
Too bad. I think you'll come back at some point...there's something to this game that makes one come back and back ;)

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:22 am 
Contributor
Advisor
Advisor
Contributor
Quote:
But I will note again, I did enjoy playing it for the 20 or so hours leading up to this point, and I do hope that I may come back to this game perhaps in the future.

I still enjoy this game and play it at least once a week. Would say I have played it around 300+ plus hours (offline and online combined) so for me it is one of those that I really enjoy :)