moding star_names.xml and flag_colours.xml

Learn to create Mods and post links here for others
Flinx
Citizen
Citizen

moding star_names.xml and flag_colours.xml

Post by Flinx »

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Horizon\mods\Flinx\gamedata\star_names.xml
I started a new game. The mod is active because the ship and tech changes I made are in my game. I added 300+ new names to the beginning of the list but none got used. Do I need to make the changes to the default file?

-----------------------

For some reason I could not remember which race went with which default colour so I edited the main file a while ago. I forgot to remove that altered file but I assume since we can mod the civ logos that we can mod the colours too in a mod directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Horizon\mods\Flinx\gamedata\flag_colours.xml
"Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
Ex Circuit Boi wannabe

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: moding star_names.xml and flag_colours.xml

Post by Zaimat »

There are two gamedata folders (one for non-language data while the other is language specific)
so instead of:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Horizon\mods\Flinx\gamedata\star_names.xml
it should go in here for english language:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Horizon\mods\Flinx\lang\en\gamedata\star_names.xml

-----------------------

Yes you should be able to mod the colours in that manner. If you want to restore the original flag_colours.xml:

1. delete or rename the file from the original location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Horizon\gamedata\flag_colours.xml
2. close the game, in your steam game library right-click on horizon and under "Local Files" tab run a "verify integrity of game cache" and it will restore the original.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Flinx
Citizen
Citizen

Re: moding star_names.xml and flag_colours.xml

Post by Flinx »

Thanks!
"Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
Ex Circuit Boi wannabe