Race Die Off

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Verak
Voyager
Voyager

Race Die Off

Post by Verak »

Every race I come in contact dies off after several rounds of playing; this happens on hard or very hard. Has anyone else had this problem or is this some random event? And does it mess up missions?

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Race Die Off

Post by FrozenFallout »

Verak wrote:Every race I come in contact dies off after several rounds of playing; this happens on hard or very hard. Has anyone else had this problem or is this some random event? And does it mess up missions?
With out a race you should still get to do all their missions but the upside of making friends though the missions don't really work out. I believe you can bring a race back if you take the homeworld and give it back to them (not sure how this works and I might be mixing it up with another game)

I haven't had any problems with Empires dieing off after meeting them. Have had a good number of games that lasted into meeting everyone and no one got knocked off the map yet. What might be happening though is you are meeting a race that is at war and losing so after a while they get killed off by the computer players.

Also are they disappearing from the diplo list or are they still there but you cant talk to them?

If you still see them what might be happening is if you send a scout to a system that belongs to another empire once they have landed in system you have the ability to talk to them even if they are out of communication range. However if you move the scout away you cant talk to them any more until you send a ship or they come into communication range via tech upgrades or new colonies being close.

I would hope its not the race dieing off if its early game as they have had a good ability to survive in all my games and should at least all exist until mid game so you get a chance to interact/side with them.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Race Die Off

Post by Zaimat »

Did you see a news report? You should see one if a race surrendered or other reason (displayed as destroyed).

Most missions can still be continued, if you see the mission open in the journal it's a good indicator.

If you have a game where a race disappears too sudden and doesn't look right, do send us a report and we can take a look at the circumstances.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf