[1.0.0.94] Varaians surrender does not end game

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

[1.0.0.94] Varaians surrender does not end game

Post by Xyquas »

I played a game in normal mode with missions enabled where I was in war with the Varaians. While bombarding their last and home world, they suddenly surrendered to me. At this stage, I already had the Eremai device technology researched to level 4 but I had no ship design with this weapon nor any ship with it. The game continued afterwards which made me wonder because in other games played before the extermination of the Varaians ended the game. I even won once with killing their empire by invading their last planet so I think either of this is a bug :-)

Unfortunately, I missed to copy the auto save of this :-(
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: [1.0.0.94] Varaians surrender does not end game

Post by Zaimat »

Did you complete all the quest steps? It only ends if the mission is completed otherwise you can destroy the Varaians and still continue.

For auto-saves, there are 10 previous saves in the saves folder. So unless you played more than 10 turns you can try to recover.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xyquas »

Zaimat wrote:Did you complete all the quest steps? It only ends if the mission is completed otherwise you can destroy the Varaians and still continue.
No, I didn't. But I'm pretty sure I played a game before where I left out the construction of a ship with Eremai device and won the game with extinction of the Varaian empire anyway. While writing this I try to remember if I had any non allied AI empires left in that first game but actually I don't know. Maybe this was a coincidence which I coupled to the wrong cause. It was the game I played with Barsig and the victory video was not the one with the fight against Varains but one stating that the galaxy had become a clean place.
Zaimat wrote:For auto-saves, there are 10 previous saves in the saves folder. So unless you played more than 10 turns you can try to recover.
:oops: I know (already read this from you), but I had played more since then - was not one of my best days ...
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

wow 10 autosave files ? that a little redundant ... I LOVE it :) :D :!:
keller~