[1.0.0.94] Missiles get stuck if target changes too often

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

[1.0.0.94] Missiles get stuck if target changes too often

Post by Xyquas »

In my last games I tried to make more use of missiles which turned out to be quite effective against large groups of small enemy ships :twisted:

Unfortunately, missiles sometimes get stuck if their target changes. From what I could observe this problem seems to occur if the missile's target is destroyed and afterwards the new target is destroyed too within the same combat turn. The result is that the missiles don't move until they silently disappear after some turns. This problem is more likely to occur the larger the battles are (with many ships and many missile packs flying around).
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: [1.0.0.94] Missiles get stuck if target changes too ofte

Post by Zaimat »

Missiles expire once their fuel runs out. When you say stuck you mean they don't pick a new target? This is currently their designed behaviour.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [1.0.0.94] Missiles get stuck if target changes too ofte

Post by Xyquas »

Zaimat wrote:Missiles expire once their fuel runs out. When you say stuck you mean they don't pick a new target? This is currently their designed behaviour.
When I say stuck I mean they don't move a single bit anymore. The picking of a new target works fine if the designated first target is destroyed and the new target is not harmed. Meaning: If I only destroy one ship per combat turn, missiles behave fine. When I destroy many ships in one combat turn and I have a lot of missile packs flying around, I almost always get some missile that don't move until fuel expiration.
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)