[1.0.0.94] ISN sometimes misses reports

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

[1.0.0.94] ISN sometimes misses reports

Post by Xyquas »

I had a game where there were three events usually reported by ISN occuring in the same turn:
1. End of a love potion's effect
2. New alliance formed
3. New war declared

ISN just reported the love potion ending but missed the alliance and the war. As I had games where multiple reports where shown in the same turn, I suspect the love potion being the show stopper here. I've already seen mutliple alliance and war declarations working but never had this occuring the same turn with a random event.
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: [1.0.0.94] ISN sometimes misses reports

Post by Zaimat »

News have different priorities and non-critical news were being culled by default (this was so we wouldn't spam the player with too much news).

With the next update we have made a few changes so all but statistical news (all except low priority news) will be shown to the player!
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xyquas »

Zaimat wrote:News have different priorities and non-critical news were being culled by default (this was so we wouldn't spam the player with too much news).

With the next update we have made a few changes so all but statistical news (all except low priority news) will be shown to the player!
I see. Maybe this should be an option in the main menu? We could make a poll to find out :-) My vote would be "show all but statistics" so your choice is perfect for me.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

There is this in game options to some extent (show all/critical/none) but yes the stats are more filler to show when there is no other news during the same turn.

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xyquas »

Zaimat wrote:There is this in game options to some extent (show all/critical/none) but yes the stats are more filler to show when there is no other news during the same turn.
Ah, I thought this option only applies to turn summary messages. But it would make sense to use this setting for ISN reports as well.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Xyquas wrote:Ah, I thought this option only applies to turn summary messages. But it would make sense to use this setting for ISN reports as well.
The turn summary message options (on the screen itself) are separate. Where as the game options has a specific entry for ISN reports.