[1.0.0.94] Refitted troop trans cannot colonize

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

[1.0.0.94] Refitted troop trans cannot colonize

Post by Xyquas »

In one game I refitted one of my troop transports to a colony ship. While refitting worked, the colony ship was not able to colonize a planet although colonization capsules were aboard (and the command was active). The fleet accepted the colonize command but the next turn the colonists were still aboard the ship.

In the fleet info, the line "role" still said "invasion ship" after refitting. I suppose that the role is not changed in the refitting process and some checks rely on the role being correct.
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [1.0.0.94] Refitted troop trans cannot colonize

Post by keller »

This is interesting. I'll have to check this out and see if I can reproduce it.
keller~

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

I have noticed on rare occasions that it takes 2 turns before a colonization happens after I gave the command.
I suspect it may be the ship moves to the designated planet one turn and then does the colonizing the next.

Have you tried waiting another 1 or 2 turns to see if it happens?

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xyquas »

Bansheedragon wrote:I have noticed on rare occasions that it takes 2 turns before a colonization happens after I gave the command.
I suspect it may be the ship moves to the designated planet one turn and then does the colonizing the next.

Have you tried waiting another 1 or 2 turns to see if it happens?
5 turns. And the ship was in orbit with the first try. You can see this when you select the fleet and look at the system panel. The planet(s) orbitted by the fleet's member(s) show a moving icon of your race.
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

I have noticed on rare occasions that it takes 2 turns before a colonization happens after I gave the command.
This is the usual case because as you said, it takes them a turn to move into position. However, I have never seen a time where they take more than 2 turns, but I have noticed that every once in while they do not "receive the orders" so try giving the order again to ensure that they got the order. If not, send the file to support so they can do some debugging.
keller~

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Xyquas wrote:In the fleet info, the line "role" still said "invasion ship" after refitting. I suppose that the role is not changed in the refitting process and some checks rely on the role being correct.
Yes, I am pretty certain that is what happened. Ships rely on their "role" for colonizer ships and this was an oversight during refit. Thanks for pointing it out, should be fixed in the next update.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf