Possible Bug in speed button

Report bugs or help with technical issues
keller
Contributor
Contributor

Possible Bug in speed button

Post by keller »

Ok, I was finally able to reproduce this so I believe it is a minor bug. It works, but I don't think this is the way you may have intended it.

Speed button settings do not take effect until the end of a round , and does not reset to normal speed at the beginning of each battle. Additionally , it does not reset to normal speed between turns either.

Here is what happens:

Now, lets say your pretty much done with a battle and its round 11.
You hit the speed button to the fastest. The tactical battle phase now ends and its a new turn and you enter the tactical battle phase again. Oddly, the speed at which things proceed have not been reset, but it is using the setting that it previously had. This means that for one round it will go fast, or super fast (depending on which button you pressed in the last game turn)

This is somewhat annoying as it should reset for each battle at least. It is especially annoying when the AI has a better initative then your ships (and zip from place to another blowing a few ships up along the way but because the speed is not reset you have no idea what has happened)
keller~

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Possible Bug in speed button

Post by Zaimat »

Sorry for not responding sooner.

I think I know what you are talking about, if you mean some animations or ship movements going fast for a round occasionally or temporarily until returning to normal? The speed button is correctly being set/shown but there was some accumulation of time (a sort of fps issue)?

If that is it, what I believe you are describing than the good news is we have fixed this but it's not live yet (until the next update).
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Possible Bug in speed button

Post by keller »

if you mean some animations or ship movements going fast for a round occasionally or temporarily until returning to normal?
Yes, this is what I'm talking about. Any change in the animation speed when hitting the speed button doesn't take effect until the end of a round if you hit the button and if you don't hit the button and then carries over to the next battle which may be 1 or 5 turns later.
keller~