Galactic Council (Split topic from Crew experience)

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Galactic Council (Split topic from Crew experience)

Post by Xyquas »

Zaimat wrote:Currently ships don't gain experience. Warrior races start at Elite level while everyone else gets Veteran crew. Gaining experience is on the wishlist of things we'd like to add though.
I see. Is there a public version of this wishlist so we can look at it and looking forward for the fine things to come? :D It could be a sticky in the suggestions board in this forum. This way players could look which suggestions are already planned for release, avoiding suggestion threads of already planned features.

I guess Galactic Council is on the list as well? :mrgreen:
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [1.0.0.93] Crew experience always veteran?

Post by Bansheedragon »

Xyquas wrote:
Zaimat wrote:Currently ships don't gain experience. Warrior races start at Elite level while everyone else gets Veteran crew. Gaining experience is on the wishlist of things we'd like to add though.
I see. Is there a public version of this wishlist so we can look at it and looking forward for the fine things to come? :D It could be a sticky in the suggestions board in this forum. This way players could look which suggestions are already planned for release, avoiding suggestion threads of already planned features.

I guess Galactic Council is on the list as well? :mrgreen:
If you mean Galactic Council like in MOO where the races vote for one supreme ruler, thats already in the game, but only in classic mode as far as I know.
If not, then I would like hear what your thoughts are on this.

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xyquas »

Bansheedragon wrote:If you mean Galactic Council like in MOO where the races vote for one supreme ruler, thats already in the game, but only in classic mode as far as I know.
That's exactly what I meant. I saw this feature while reviewing the German translation files and started a new game in classic mode. From what I read in the help texts I expected voting will start pretty early in the game and as I'm in about turn 150 and no council gatherered I supposed it may be not implemented yet. I have seen I'm missing contact of two more races so I guess Galactic Council will gather when all races know each other? In case it matters: I'm playing Lezgoon.
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

I havent played classic mode since beta, but I remember seeing it quite early on back then.
I dont know why you have not seen it yet after all that time though.

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

Gaining experience is on the wishlist of things we'd like to add though
Ah that explains that.
keller~

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Xyquas wrote:From what I read in the help texts I expected voting will start pretty early in the game and as I'm in about turn 150 and no council gatherered I supposed it may be not implemented yet. I have seen I'm missing contact of two more races so I guess Galactic Council will gather when all races know each other? In case it matters: I'm playing Lezgoon.
The council voting happens in classic mode every 20 turns starting from turn 100, as long as there are at least 4 races remaining in the game.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

The council voting happens in classic mode every 20 turns starting from turn 100, as long as there are at least 4 races remaining in the game.
Thank you for posting that. I love classic mode more each day :D :D :D :D :D !!!
keller~

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

keller wrote:
Thank you for posting that. I love classic mode more each day :D :D :D :D :D !!!
I am more than 415 turns into my first "classic" game and i still didn't see any galactical council...is it because i play the Kuntari and not the humans? It's not that i have any chances to win (i am on lost track with this campaign) but would love to see it in action also for my next attempt.

Cheers
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Galactic Council (Split topic from Crew experience)

Post by Zaimat »

Anguille wrote:I am more than 415 turns into my first "classic" game and i still didn't see any galactical council...is it because i play the Kuntari and not the humans? It's not that i have any chances to win (i am on lost track with this campaign) but would love to see it in action also for my next attempt.
I just reviewed the code and what is likely happening is that there is at least one race you haven't discovered (voting begins only after all (non-extinct) races have been discovered by the player besides the other conditions in my previous post). I could tweak this to make it less restrictive, may be once a certain threshold is passed with regards to discoverability.

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

I wouldn't change this part of the game because it is awesome the way it is.
keller~

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Thanks for the replies. There's indeed one race i don't have in the diplomatic view but the way it's going now, it's unlikely i'll ever meet them....it looks like i am cannon fodder for the Tantik :wink:

Do i need to establish contact with them or is it enough if i know about their existence thanks to information from an ally?

Cheers

About the topic, i think that in big galaxies, it can be difficult to meet some alien races. Even if i wasn't on the brink of extinsion, i am not sure i would be able to meet them. The Tantik have more than 50G of race (that's about 1/3 of the population of the galaxy)...

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Anguille wrote:Do i need to establish contact with them or is it enough if i know about their existence thanks to information from an ally?
You just have to be aware of them so as long as you have explored their system or an ally shared info about them that should do it.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Zaimat wrote:
Anguille wrote:Do i need to establish contact with them or is it enough if i know about their existence thanks to information from an ally?
You just have to be aware of them so as long as you have explored their system or an ally shared info about them that should do it.
Ok! I hope i'll manage in this game!

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Ok, i have in my diplomatic screen all the races since around 40 turns i would guess and still no galactic vote.... :(

Maybe i'll have more luck in another game but at this point, it seems too restrictive to me, at least for the bigger maps. I know Keller doesn't agree with me. @Keller, what size of galaxies do you play and what difficulty setting? Anyone else has an opinion?

The point is also that i am now in a position where there's no way i can win (i don't have enough systems) and i don't see how i can ally myself to the Tantik and the Kor'Thaz as they hate, many races i don't have contact with (no alliances possible either) but on the other hand i managed to stop the invasions (also thanks to the apparent war between the Tantik and the Kor'Thaz). At this point, i'd be ready to lose to a vote by the Galactical Council but don't want to surrender (not sure if it's clear). As it is, i could still play a thousand turns or more.

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

Interestingly enough, I've seen the council "nominate" races with only 1 or 2 planets that were far less advanced than all the other races.
keller~

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Anguille wrote:Ok, i have in my diplomatic screen all the races since around 40 turns i would guess and still no galactic vote.... :(
The live version waits 100 turns after you discover all the races before the council is convened the first time. With the next update, I have changed it so it will only wait 100 turns if the game is less than 100 turns old. This didn't seem to be a problem before when discovering races was easier (everyone told you about other races without Intel. treaty). Thanks for pointing it out, this was not working exactly as intended.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Zaimat wrote:
Anguille wrote:Ok, i have in my diplomatic screen all the races since around 40 turns i would guess and still no galactic vote.... :(
The live version waits 100 turns after you discover all the races before the council is convened the first time. With the next update, I have changed it so it will only wait 100 turns if the game is less than 100 turns old. This didn't seem to be a problem before when discovering races was easier (everyone told you about other races without Intel. treaty). Thanks for pointing it out, this was not working exactly as intended.
Ok! Thanks for clearing me up! I think the change makes sense :D

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

I would like to understand what decides who gets nominated in the council. In my current game, I am playing in classic mode as the gargals, and own a good portion of the galaxy. The races that were nominated , well one of them has a total of 2 systems (one of which I gave them) and the other one has about 6 systems. The rest of galaxy is pretty much mine so this is why I have to ask the question.
keller~

vbidez
Voyager
Voyager

Post by vbidez »

keller wrote:I would like to understand what decides who gets nominated in the council. In my current game, I am playing in classic mode as the gargals, and own a good portion of the galaxy. The races that were nominated , well one of them has a total of 2 systems (one of which I gave them) and the other one has about 6 systems. The rest of galaxy is pretty much mine so this is why I have to ask the question.
I'm having a similar issue.

As you can see I (the Humans) am far and away the most powerful race in the galaxy.

There have been several galactic council elections held but over and over I am never selected, it is always 2 of the weaker races who are picked.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

The 2 most powerful AI empires are nominated based on their overall score.
When it's your turn in the Council you can nominate yourself as the 3rd choice by clicking on your race (regardless of your score).