[1.0.1.108]Problems with the lists

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

[1.0.1.108]Problems with the lists

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

There are two problems for me with ships and planets lists:

1. Initially they are "unsorted". It's not the problem as is - I always can sort the list. And with planets this "unsorting" actually benefiting, as they are placed in the order of acquiring it.

Unfortunately, game haven't way to remove sorting. So after I clicked any column in the planet list, I am doomed - I haven't means to restore initial list short of game reloading.

Can you add "remove sorting", please? :)

2. Sorting criteria is somewhat not enough. While it works with the different entries (like planet names, for example), results with identical entries are quite random. Any modifications of the list, and the whole section can be resorted in the totally different way. Planets are not very susceptible to this issue, as there are not much modifications possible, but ships are very. Most logical way of sorting for sake of command is, well, sorting by order. And when I give any order to any fleet, whole list got messed unpredictable way! Very annoying. Also, I believe, fleet/ships window affected by it too - when I am adding/removing ships to fleets, it places itself in a random place of list, and other ships shifts unpredictable too. (By the way, if it will comfort you, exactly the same issue had Steam with all it's lists up to some date: sort it by price, for example, and you'll get new list order every time you ask or change page).

Way to fix it, obviously, is to have some secondary, hidden sort field. Ship/planet individual id (if such thing exist) will perfectly do. If it not exist, maybe you have any other field unique to entity (date of acquiring, for example)?. :)

Side note: having possibility for me to sort list by several criterias would be nice. I am especially missing ability to add planet name to the default sorting (i.e. having "sorted by action+planet name" to see all my vacant ships sorted by systems, or "sorted by special planet features+planet name" to see amount of stations in the given system).