[1.0.1.108]Slight visual bug with the refitting

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

[1.0.1.108]Slight visual bug with the refitting

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Recently I colonized everything that I could, and start refitting my colonizers to the transports. And when they was ready, I encountered two funny (but seemingly harmless) related bugs:

1. All "one-ship-fleets" retained it's initial names. So I have my "Stealth Transport", but it's fleet still named "Colonizer". :) It is easily fixed with merging this ship to the other fleet, removing odd name.

2. Role of this transport still "Colonizer". Unlike "born" transports that have Role: Invader. It cannot be changed, but, I hope, it's... harmless? :) What is this Role mean, anyway? :)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [1.0.1.108]Slight visual bug with the refitting

Post by keller »

What is this Role mean, anyway? :)
As I understand it the role determines possible actions that the ship can take. For example, only invader roles can drop troops, only colony ships can colonize planets(someone correct me if I am wrong)
keller~

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Smiling_Spectre wrote:1. All "one-ship-fleets" retained it's initial names. So I have my "Stealth Transport", but it's fleet still named "Colonizer". :) It is easily fixed with merging this ship to the other fleet, removing odd name.
This is intended so it doesn't automatically rename fleet names even when refit. As this may cause confusion for the player and the player may not want it either.
Smiling_Spectre wrote:2. Role of this transport still "Colonizer". Unlike "born" transports that have Role: Invader. It cannot be changed, but, I hope, it's... harmless? :) What is this Role mean, anyway? :)
Roles are used mainly by the AI (with some automated orders). Will likely hide that from display as it doesn't really help players. Pre-Alpha there was some thought to make that part of ship design to let the player set AI default behavior during combat but we dropped the idea.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Zaimat wrote:This is intended so it doesn't automatically rename fleet names even when refit. As this may cause confusion for the player and the player may not want it either.
Umm... Can I have custom fleet name? I believe, I cannot, so... what use of this "legacy name" for player? As for me, having "Colonizer" fleet that have "Stealth transport" inside is much more confusing than having unexpected Stealth transport inside (surprise!) new fleet "Stealth transport". What am I missing here?

---addition---Ah! I found "Rename" Function in the fleet menu. Ok, as I said below, it have sense to retain names for such fleets. But only for them. :)

Also, playing with it, I found another, much less harmless error. ;) It not simply retains the name. It retains it in the merging too! :D So, while every other ship merging gives me "Fleet", merging ships with legacied "Colonizer" gives me fleet "Colonizer"! Funny, eh? :D

(It all could have sense, of course, if I could give custom fleet names. And only for such custom fleets. But I didn't see such possibility in game).