[1.0.1.108]Defenseless missile defence

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

[1.0.1.108]Defenseless missile defence

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

There is one issue in the multiple-planet system.

When I am attacking any enemy planet in the system, only this planet takes into account during my attacks. So exactly this planet retails with the missiles, and this planet have ships around.

But I can, if I want, attack any other planet in this system too. I have no idea if stations works, but missile defense does nothing in this case. It simply sits here, allowing me to destroy it for my pleasure.

Seems like the bug for me.

Also, why planet have all-around defence that goes down with every my strike, by every direction? Is it simply way to show "distributed" shield, or there is some bug too? :)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [1.0.1.108]Defenseless missile defence

Post by keller »

Are you saying that the enemy missile bases do nothing or your own ?
Also, why planet have all-around defence that goes down with every my strike, by every direction? Is it simply way to show "distributed" shield, or there is some bug too

No it is not a bug but by design to show a distributed shield. Therefore no matter what direction you hit the planet from it will show as impacting on all sides"
keller~

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

keller wrote:Are you saying that the enemy missile bases do nothing or your own ?
Well, I never had the chance yet to play with my missile bases. It's enemies, right.

It looks like that:

1st planet (selected from the "Engaging" menu): each turn after some of my ships makes it's move, planet fires pack of 9 missiles. Until I'll destroy whole 9999-point shield. It's all right.
2nd (and all others, probably) planet in the same combat: I am going close to the planet (and it definitely have the missile defense, as it was "defended" at the system screen. And it have the same 9999 shield). Then I am starting to tear apart shields. That's all. Nothing happens from the planet side. No missiles.

Also, in debriefing I see only one planet with the destroyed missile defense, but maybe they simply was added to each other. After the battle both planets are correctly not defended.

I seen it twice already - both times when I tried. :)
No it is not a bug but by design to show a distributed shield. Therefore no matter what direction you hit the planet from it will show as impacting on all sides"
Aha, I guessed it. Thank you. :)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

Also, in debriefing I see only one planet with the destroyed missile defense, but maybe they simply was added to each other. After the battle both planets are correctly not defended.

I seen it twice already - both times when I tried.
We did a lengthy discussion on what makes a planet defended in this post. It may answer this question.
Aha, I guessed it. Thank you
Most welcome.
keller~

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

keller wrote:We did a lengthy discussion on what makes a planet defended in this post. It may answer this question.
Well, it's easy to reproduce. Save before attack, then attack, make sure that missile defense was destroyed, then reload and try manually other planet. :) I'll try it and tell you later.

But as planets had shield up (and you says that it's pure function of missile defense), I believe that it will confirm my words anyway. ;)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Yes being able to attack other colonies is unintended (with instanced mode), thanks for pointing this out. Will fix it soon.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

I would like to have current battlefield, only working. This one time when game worked as expected (it seems) was when two planets was too far away from each other. So my old battle finished and new one started in the same turn... right with command "retreat all scouts" that I issued at the end of previous battle. They wasn't needed in previous battle, and simply cluttered my interface, but they would be useful in the next one. :) I wasn't too happy with that.