[1.0.1.108]Wrong numbers for Stargate

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

[1.0.1.108]Wrong numbers for Stargate

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

While Shipyards correctly lends it's double bonus to ship building and stargate building alike, it shown differently.

While ships are receiving "plain" double increase in data, stargates are shown unmodified building numbers. I.e. if I had 4 turns for cruiser and then build shipyard - it will show 2 turns now. But if it was 12 turns for stargate - it still will be 12 turns.

It's only "reference" numbers: if I'll start actual stargate building, it will be halved (i.e. 6 turns instead shown 12). But while I don't build, it's wrong.

Fix it, please? :)

IISunaII
Voyager
Voyager

Re: [1.0.1.108]Wrong numbers for Stargate

Post by IISunaII »

But the shipyard is, well... a shipyard, isn't it supposed to help only the construction of ships? colony buildings, orbitals, and deffenses, should not be affected by shipyard
Am I wrong? .n.

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

1. It's _orbital_ shipyard, so I see no reason why it not help with other orbitals. :)

2. It works, actually. Only not shown as works, before actual work started. :)

Hmm, actually, I never tried to make station with the help of the shipyard... Testing...

Yes, same thing as with the stargate. Shipyard benefits it, but I see double time for construction before actually starts it.

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

So then are you saying it is a 1 turn bug ?
keller~

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

keller wrote:So then are you saying it is a 1 turn bug ?
Umm... No, if I am understand you correctly.

Let me try again.

Let's say, I have 6 turns for my cruiser and 12 turns for stargate - without shipyard. It shown like "6 turns" and "12 turns" in the estimates, and if I'll start to build it, I will receive exactly the same turns for the building (maybe slightly less, if I build something already recently).

But if I'll build shipyard, ships estimated turns will be halved, but nothing will change for orbitals: so I'll see 3 turns for cruiser and still the same 12 turns for the stargate. But if I'll actually start to build it, it will be the same 3 turns for cruiser - and 6 turns for stargate.

So "actual" numbers (that shown after starting of the building) are right. That's "estimate" (that shown when ship/stargate is not in the building) is wrong for orbitals.

And this estimates are here always, not for one turn. (Of course, I didn't build all my 100 stargates in one turn - and still I see "12 turns" every time, that changed to "6 turns" after I started to build).

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

Ah I got it. So then building time of stargates are not correctly halved if they were already building when you complete a shipyard.
I have never actually noticed this because I always build a shipyard before I started a stargate but it does sound like a minor bug.
keller~

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

keller wrote:Ah I got it. So then building time of stargates are not correctly halved if they were already building when you complete a shipyard.

Sorry, no. *sigh* Seems, I failed to communicate again.

*resorted to pictures*

#1: Numbers before start building (note Devastator and Stargate "turns" numbers)

#2: The same planet after building starts

See? Game thinks that I need 6 turns (just as it was before shipyard), when actually I need 3. Ships are not affected.

Yes, it's pure minor visual bug. But somewhat annoying one. :)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

Ah yes, I see it clearly now.
keller~

IISunaII
Voyager
Voyager

Post by IISunaII »

... Only thanks to this I realized that the shipyard doesn't just halve the ships build time, it's function is to totally double industrial capacity, also increasing the mining income *-*

Thanks! :D

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Shipyards bonus only applies to ship building. The estimated turns was in fact showing incorrectly for orbitals (once shipyards was built) but it did not actually reduce their build times. The display will be fixed in the upcoming update.

Mining income isn't affected either but the industry building does show Industrial capacity increase with shipyards but I can see how this can be confusing since it only applies to shipbuilding so I will change it.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Zaimat wrote:Shipyards bonus only applies to ship building. The estimated turns was in fact showing incorrectly for orbitals (once shipyards was built) but it did not actually reduce their build times. The display will be fixed in the upcoming update.
Err... what?

When I have shipyard and trying to build stargate I see "5 turns" before starting building and "3 turns" after starting.

When I haven't shipyard, I see "5 turns" as before, as during building.

I tested it just now. :)

No, I not prepare to test, if it's 5 turns anyway, but my previous experience shown that shipyard really helped here. %)

Ok, ok, I tested it, and it really doesn't work. :)

(But it seems logical, as orbitals - or at least they parts - not very distinct from the ships. :) So if you plan to remove this bonus - please, don't do it - or rather add it as real. :)