[1.0.1.108]Cosmetic "clean pollution" bug

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

[1.0.1.108]Cosmetic "clean pollution" bug

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

If my planet is polluted, I can order to clean it.

But if my planet is _not_ polluted, I can order to clean it anyway!

Moreover, if I ordered to clean planet, game will keep this order indefinitely, no matter, if there are any pollution left or not.

Fortunately, when pollution reaches zero, it costs me nothing, so effectively not distinct from "maintain". (So bug is cosmetic).

Still it feels wrong. Can game not allow to "clean" already cleaned planet, and remove order automatically when it became irrelevant?

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [1.0.1.108]Cosmetic "clean pollution" bug

Post by Bansheedragon »

I see the clean option in a different way than you do.
I see it as you having your planet running with a clean industry and keeping it pollution free.

If you havent noticed, if you change to the Maintain option you will start seeing pollution start building up slowly on the planet.

So the way I see it is that clean is used to clean the planet of pollution and keeping it clean, where as the maintain option might be a mislabeled or misunderstood label, as it does not actually maintain the current status.

Unfortunately I find myself unable right now to describe in words how I read the label maintain, as it does not actually maintain the current level of pollution, but actually does produce some pollution.

Hopefully the devs can explain better how its supposed to be.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Neglect = Industry output is not used to clean any pollution. 100% industry effectiveness.
Maintain= Industry output is partly reduced to keep current pollution level from increasing.
Clean = Same as Maintain + up to half remaining industry output is used to reduce existing pollution until completely clean.
Bansheedragon wrote:Unfortunately I find myself unable right now to describe in words how I read the label maintain, as it does not actually maintain the current level of pollution, but actually does produce some pollution.
Maintain should stay steady the only exception I can think of is if there is no industry workers in active workforce.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Zaimat wrote:Maintain= Industry output is partly reduced to keep current pollution level from increasing.
Yeah, for my experience too pollution never increases on "maintain". :)

So - can you remove "clean" when there is nothing to clean? :)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Smiling_Spectre wrote:So - can you remove "clean" when there is nothing to clean? :)
Clean works as maintain when there is no pollution left. It doesn't waste resources.

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Zaimat wrote:Clean works as maintain when there is no pollution left. It doesn't waste resources.
Yes, so "cosmetic" in description. ;)

Still - why? :)

(Well, I can live with it, of course, if it's too much work to implement. :)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

The clean option allows you to clean toxic planets. Once cleaned, they can be terraformed.
keller~

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

keller wrote:The clean option allows you to clean toxic planets. Once cleaned, they can be terraformed.
I know, keller. :) Question is - why keep to clean already cleaned planet - even if it takes no resources. :)

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

Of a truth, the clean option should be removed on planets where there is no pollution present.
I always manually set mine to maintain after one is cleaned but this could be improved to where it is done automatically for everyone.
keller~

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

keller wrote:Of a truth, the clean option should be removed on planets where there is no pollution present.

*nods* Exactly! :)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Good feedback! I have made these changes for the next update. It will automatically revert to 'maintain' if there is no pollution and 'Clean' will no longer be a choice in that instance.

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

Thanks Zaimat for working hard on the game and listening to those that play it.
keller~