2 "events" at the same time causes game to lock up

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

2 "events" at the same time causes game to lock up

Post by Bansheedragon »

I have no idea how this happened or how to reproduce it, if thats even possible.
I tried loading the game and after a couple turns it happened again.

I got a brief moment where I had one event happen, where it looked like I might have options to choose from.
Then a moment later the ISN news came up blocking the previous event.
This caused the game to lock up.

I was unable to do anything, and the ISN was stuck at the "intro" section(ISN your source of news or whatever it says), with the screen that usually shows an image or graphs of some sort remaining black.

No amount of clicking with the mouse did anything and I was forced to close the game (Alt F4).

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 2 "events" at the same time causes game to lock up

Post by keller »

I would suggest using the reporting tool. Also, were you using the original or testing version?
keller~

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

Already done, but thanks for the tip.
Its a known issue that should hopefully be fixed in the next update.
At the time I was running with the latest non-beta update, I have since at the suggestion of the devs switched to the modding beta version.

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

I just had this here happen again.
This time it was a conflict between the colonization animation/video and a popup window with a text.
A window opened up with text starting to scroll across, only to have the colonization "video" override it and make me unable to continue just like the ISN video did before.

This time I was playing with the modding beta version of the game, rather than the regular version.
At least this time I was able to avoid the issue by waiting to one round later before I colonized a planet so as to not cause the conflict.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Thanks, will look into this.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

I tried such a scenario but didn't have any luck reproducing it. Would you happen to have the saved game? And if not, do you happen to recall which dialog message it was?
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

I dont have the savegame anymore, didnt think to keep it.
I'm not 100% certain, but I think it was one of the messages about the Kuntari Hammer.

I only had it happen the two times I reported it, though if it happens again I'll try to remember to keep the savegame.