-60 bc credits suddenly?

Report bugs or help with technical issues
astral
Voyager
Voyager

-60 bc credits suddenly?

Post by astral »

I was playing game - (i bought it two days ago i wrote good review on steam)

And 5minutes ago everything was going fine - i had good economy (+5bc credits per turn) i was top in military/tech... and suddenly - -50bc credits per turn? WTF? ... i two turns i was defeated. How that happened ? is that some kind of bug>?

astral
Voyager
Voyager

Re: -60 bc credits suddenly?

Post by astral »

I was in hostile relationship with Kuntari race. Their small ship entered one my trade route(in some games that ships blocking trade routes). I thought that could be problem. Although i doubt that trade route is worth 60bc credit per turn.

I killed that ship and -60 bc persist , and i was defeated. LOL .. i guess that is some king of bug.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Do you still have a previous save? What does the budget window show (before and after)...it would be interesting to know what factor changed that much. :shock:
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

astral
Voyager
Voyager

Post by astral »

ImageOH, maybe i was wrong.. Logistic - 80bc . LOOL. So i build two motherships (everything was fine) but when i send them to attack enemy star system i went bankrupt?

astral
Voyager
Voyager

Post by astral »

i scraped my ships and everything is fine :lol: jesus :D

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

I didn't pay too much attention but i looks like it works like Legion (an old 4x)...consumption of the armies outside of the city was much bigger than when it was in the cities. Hope Zaimat can bring us some light here.
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

astral
Voyager
Voyager

Post by astral »

One more question... i am beaten up by Kentari race.. why they have f**king first turn shooting? .. our fleet meet in combat and they shot first with they arsenal - thus beating most of my fleet ... why cant i shot first? or one their ship then one mine ship(like in game Ascendancy).. or all at same time(like in galatic civilization) ?

WHat is logic that they shot first and kill most of my fleet in first turn then i have nothing to return fire?

Wenla
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Wenla »

I had a same problem with my first game after latest patch, and I noticed that each command point I use and what I don't have pays 10bc/turn each (logistic cost). So, no big huge ship fleets very soon after starting new game...

Also one of my favorite technics, terraforming, cost now actual money per turn.

Time to rethink my strategies.
You have to have a vision before you can define your strategy

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Yes, going over your command points limit is very expensive. And shown under Logistics expenses in the Treasury tooltip (next version will show a red exclamation mark when it's not zero beside Logistics to make it more clear). This is a new game option to keep fleet sizes in check for a more tactical game experience. You can turn it off if you rather not limit fleet sizes though but we think it's better with the logistics constraint.
astral wrote:One more question... i am beaten up by Kentari race.. why they have f**king first turn shooting? .. our fleet meet in combat and they shot first with they arsenal - thus beating most of my fleet ... why cant i shot first? or one their ship then one mine ship(like in game Ascendancy).. or all at same time(like in galatic civilization) ?

WHat is logic that they shot first and kill most of my fleet in first turn then i have nothing to return fire?
The Kuntari have fusion engines technology which gives them highest maneuverability (initiative) in combat so in same class (size) of ship they will always take action first unless you have the same technology on your ships. Different engine types have different benefits, you can see them in the tech view details. Also initiative is shown when you scan a ship.

Terraforming cost was added to make it more strategic, it was too easy before to just terraform every colony. Now it's an expense so a bit more to consider :)
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Wenla
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Wenla »

Zaimat wrote:Terraforming cost was added to make it more strategic, it was too easy before to just terraform every colony. Now it's an expense so a bit more to consider :)
I like these changes, now you have to think not only pure strategy, but also how to priorize things when you have tough times. No more getting everything almost instantly.
You have to have a vision before you can define your strategy

astral
Voyager
Voyager

Post by astral »

Zaimat wrote:Yes, going over your command points limit is very expensive. And shown under Logistics expenses in the Treasury tooltip (next version will show a red exclamation mark when it's not zero beside Logistics to make it more clear). This is a new game option to keep fleet sizes in check for a more tactical game experience. You can turn it off if you rather not limit fleet sizes though but we think it's better with the logistics constraint.
astral wrote:One more question... i am beaten up by Kentari race.. why they have f**king first turn shooting? .. our fleet meet in combat and they shot first with they arsenal - thus beating most of my fleet ... why cant i shot first? or one their ship then one mine ship(like in game Ascendancy).. or all at same time(like in galatic civilization) ?

The Kuntari have fusion engines technology which gives them highest maneuverability (initiative) in combat so in same class (size) of ship they will always take action first unless you have the same technology on your ships. Different engine types have different benefits, you can see them in the tech view details. Also initiative is shown when you scan a ship.

Terraforming cost was added to make it more strategic, it was too easy before to just terraform every colony. Now it's an expense so a bit more to consider :)
thx , got that with engines latter by myself... you need some time to learn or those stuffs when you build ship