[1.0.2.122]Planetary governor bug?

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

[1.0.2.122]Planetary governor bug?

Post by Bansheedragon »

I'm not quite sure how the planetary governor is supposed to work, so I'm not sure if this a bug or intended behavior, though I find it hard to believe its intended.

If a set a planetary governor to build a certain type of colony, lets say Industrial, then I would expect the governor to focus on building industrial facilities.
However thats not the case, regardless of what type of colony I set the governor to build, it will start building and upgrading all facilities on a planet, not just the one I set the focus to.

So instead of a planet with highly upgraded industrial facilities, I get a jack of all trades colony.
10 colony building slots gets me 5 lvl 2 buildings instead of say a lvl 3 or 4 industrial facility.

Beam316
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [1.0.2.122]Planetary governor bug?

Post by Beam316 »

Bansheedragon wrote:I'm not quite sure how the planetary governor is supposed to work, so I'm not sure if this a bug or intended behavior, though I find it hard to believe its intended.

If a set a planetary governor to build a certain type of colony, lets say Industrial, then I would expect the governor to focus on building industrial facilities.
However thats not the case, regardless of what type of colony I set the governor to build, it will start building and upgrading all facilities on a planet, not just the one I set the focus to.

So instead of a planet with highly upgraded industrial facilities, I get a jack of all trades colony.
10 colony building slots gets me 5 lvl 2 buildings instead of say a lvl 3 or 4 industrial facility.
hi again just want to say that i think its intended though because it was like requested but i almost sure that is the case for just the 1st level of the buildings, but if its not the case then its a bug as is not the way it should work cose the request was that like all the basic facilities boost everything in the planet they all must be builded, well something like that if i recall right and i think the same thing anyway.
Either way i belive, well im almost certain, that you can customize your governors behavor making your own presets for each type of colony in any case tho :wink:

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Currently it works like this:

The governor can build any building at level zero provided there is enough money. So with the low cost of level 1 buildings, it will likely queue them all up. This is usually the best bang for the buck so to say.

After Level 1 buildings, it will always try to prioritize the selected template. And won't build any other buildings unless the priority building level is higher.

The original governor system would always adhere to the priority even when building level was zero it would wait until the priority building finished building.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Bansheedragon wrote:10 colony building slots gets me 5 lvl 2 buildings instead of say a lvl 3 or 4 industrial facility.
I see what you're saying. I can make it so there is enough cap space to build the highest level for the selected template. You are right that it would result into a more specialized colony.

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

Zaimat wrote:
Bansheedragon wrote:10 colony building slots gets me 5 lvl 2 buildings instead of say a lvl 3 or 4 industrial facility.
I see what you're saying. I can make it so there is enough cap space to build the highest level for the selected template. You are right that it would result into a more specialized colony.
That is kinda what I had expected from the governor system, to leave enough space to max the type they are focused on.
Its how I usually built my colonies manually before the governor system was added.
It also makes more sense on planets with specials where specializing the colony would be beneficial due to the special.

Appreciate you taking the time to look at it.

While you are at it, would it be possible to add a "general" type governor thats not specializing in any particular field like those we have now?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Bansheedragon wrote:While you are at it, would it be possible to add a "general" type governor thats not specializing in any particular field like those we have now?
Figured it wouldn't be necessary but I had considered it, will revisit.