[1.0.2.122] Combat moves my fleet to different sector

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

[1.0.2.122] Combat moves my fleet to different sector

Post by Bansheedragon »

I just had a strange thing happen with an engagement.
Playing as Humans, I'm at war with the Varians.
Seeing them moving ships towards one of my systems I send my fleet to defend.

I engage the Varians in sector 4.69, my colony is in sector 4.59.
I defeat the Varian fleet, but when combat ends, my fleet is suddenly in sector 5.88

Now I'm curious as to how my fleet could jump from one sector to another in that way during combat.

I already sent in a bug report on this, but since my mail is down for unknown reason, I'm asking for a response here as I dont know when my mail will be back up again.

Edit:
Forgot to mention in the report in case you want to look into this as well.
Savegame: Game 9 is related to a text display issue reported here.
http://forum.l3o.com/viewtopic.php?p=6183#p6183

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: [1.0.2.122] Combat moves my fleet to different sector

Post by Zaimat »

Thanks I'm looking into it, the save game helped identify the issue quickly and we should have a fix soon.

What happened was that the enemy fleet was split between 2 different sectors. So when the combat instance started, it pulled your fleet toward the part of the enemy fleet that was in the other sector instead. Hence why you are in a different sector than the one before the combat started in. Clearly this is not supposed to happen and the fix will correct this scenario.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [1.0.2.122] Combat moves my fleet to different sector

Post by Bansheedragon »

Good to hear you got it sorted.

After having posted and read allot of bug reports here and you guys asking for savegames to help find the issues, I have gotten into the habit of making a manual save whenever I find a problem.

This way I can continue playing and still have the savegame available should there be need for it.
It also saves you having to trawl through multiple autosaves to find the problem.