Auto build making me lose

Report bugs or help with technical issues
PS_Enjoy
Voyager
Voyager

Auto build making me lose

Post by PS_Enjoy »

I looked around, and tried to find something on this, and it took me 4 games to find out what the problem was.

I like to set each colony to auto build for Industry or Research etc. so I don't have to micromanage it, but always found myself auto losing and couldn't figure out why. Well it turns out, once I obtain something like over 50BC, all my colonies that are set for auto build just waiting for me to get over the X amount of credits, will all auto build at the same time.

So, i'll have say 6 colonies building Grand Factories all at once, and I auto lose on turn because I'll go -100 BC. Even though, I couldn't manually do it myself, the Auto feature does allow the computer to go negative. And I insta lose. I played around reloading with the auto feature and noticed this was in fact the case. Is this just a mechanic built in the game or a bug? I Know I can set Treasury allocation, does this have to play into factor when having it set to auto build?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Auto build making me lose

Post by Zaimat »

I'll take a look at it, it's definitely not supposed to spend more than the available treasury. If you happen to have a saved game that reproduces it please send a report from the launcher too so we can check.

{EDIT} I have been able to reproduce the issue you described so won't be needing a report, will have it patched up soon. Thanks!
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

PS_Enjoy
Voyager
Voyager

Post by PS_Enjoy »

So it is a bug, cool. Thanks for quick reply! Look forward to next patch.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

This should be fixed with today's update.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf