Invisibility concerns

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Invisibility concerns

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

During my battles there are many enemy ships that have cloaking devices.

And regardless of proclaimed "invisibility", I always see all enemy ships in transparent form. Making them quite easy target, actually: fodder scout destroys invisibility bonus, and then bigger ships simply destroys armor while shields are off.

Why it's so? Is it benefit of my detection systems, or something is wrong with the invisibility?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Invisibility concerns

Post by Zaimat »

Ships with Cloaking device (see tech) have invisibility rates based on technology level. It's never 100%. If for example it's 98% (at level 10), that means every time the ship moves within some hostile units scan range they have a small chance to be detected at close range.

Naturally the more ships the more chance to be detected (as each ships has a chance to detect).

This is countered by hostile ship scanners technology (strength and level).

The way scanners work is they have a range of detection, they start strong but get weaker at the edge of their range. Once scanners are level 7+ they gain the ability to detect cloaked ships much better within short to medium range in their scan range so the chance is increased.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Re: Invisibility concerns

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Zaimat wrote:Ships with Cloaking device (see tech) have invisibility rates based on technology level. It's never 100%. If for example it's 98% (at level 10), that means every time the ship moves within some hostile units scan range they have a small chance to be detected at close range.
Yes, I got it from the description, problem was: ships always visible, right from the start.
Naturally the more ships the more chance to be detected (as each ships has a chance to detect).
Aha. As I never run battles with less than 6-10 ships, it can explain my situation.
Once scanners are level 7+ they gain the ability to detect cloaked ships much better within short to medium range in their scan range so the chance is increased.
And this too. :)

Ok, so it's my benefits, not enemy problems. Good. Thank you. :)