"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Missing invasion
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:33 am 
Advisor
Advisor
Well, after long preparations, I started full scale war with the Tantik.

And here is one strange problem arisen: I have two invasion fleets in totaly subdued Tantik system. I ordered smaller one to invade Hraztav I, while second must secure Hraztav IV.

During that, two strange things happened.

1. One of Tantik planets suddenly made space station. (How?! Every my system receive "Building is blocked", even if only one hostile ship in the system, and I have three fleets!)
2. After battle with this station, only one invasion continues: Hraztav I. Second invasion fleet went to the planet, but never landed.

What's wrong? Save sent to the support.

Post subject: Re: Missing invasion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:52 pm 
Dev. Team
Horizon
Horizon
Dev. Team
1. In saved game Hraztav IV isn't blockaded, I noticed you have some task forces on patrol order. Instead you want to orbit the planets to be near them for constant blockade.

2. I explain (see the support email) regarding the disrupted invasion attempt due to Tantik ship crossing sector during the turn which you can see is right above (Sector 3,45) moving downwards. I made a little change though so the order to invade isn't aborted any longer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:40 am 
Advisor
Advisor
Zaimat wrote:
1. In saved game Hraztav IV isn't blockaded, I noticed you have some task forces on patrol order. Instead you want to orbit the planets to be near them for constant blockade.

Hmm. So it works _that_ way? Ok. It still bothers me, as I could observe different results with the enemies, where one ship totally blockading full 3-5 planet system... but I am not sure, and most of my systems now have full set of stations, so, well, it's for the future testing. Maybe. :)
Quote:
2. I explain (see the support email) regarding the disrupted invasion attempt due to Tantik ship crossing sector during the turn which you can see is right above (Sector 3,45) moving downwards. I made a little change though so the order to invade isn't aborted any longer.

Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:03 pm 
Dev. Team
Horizon
Horizon
Dev. Team
Smiling_Spectre wrote:
Hmm. So it works _that_ way? Ok. It still bothers me, as I could observe different results with the enemies, where one ship totally blockading full 3-5 planet system... but I am not sure, and most of my systems now have full set of stations, so, well, it's for the future testing. Maybe. :)
Orbit range is quite large so it's quite possible to have a fleet defending more than one planet just because of planetary positions if they are close enough. But if you set them to patrol they move and can't be certain of blockading (or defending).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:15 pm 
Advisor
Advisor
Zaimat wrote:
But if you set them to patrol they move and can't be certain of blockading (or defending).

Yes, I already realized that I had slightly mismatched concept in mind. Again. Thank you again for your explanation!