How to: Report Technical Issues or Gameplay Bugs

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

How to: Report Technical Issues or Gameplay Bugs

Post by Zaimat »

We have a Reporting tool located on the Horizon Game Launcher.

If you encounter a Technical issue or a Gameplay Bug you can send us the report by clicking the 'Report an issue' link. It will gather the DirectX diagnostics, the Horizon logs folder and your saved games.

Please provide a clear subject and a description or a link detailing the problem so we can try to reproduce it. If you want us to try and contact you with solutions please remember to include an email address otherwise the report is anonymous.

Note: It is ideal to send us a report right after you encounter an issue because it will include the last 10 turns played (autosaved) and make it easier to reproduce bugs.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

MTB
Voyager
Voyager

Re: How to: Report Technical Issues or Gameplay Bugs

Post by MTB »

1.0.1.102 - and how do I report the issue that the launcher cannot access the internet, neither to open links nor to send a report?
I'm using a Steam version, and I'm not aware that I should have done some specific firewall configuration.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: How to: Report Technical Issues or Gameplay Bugs

Post by Zaimat »

ErrorReportingTool.exe can also be run from the directory where the game is installed. By default this directory is located:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Horizon\

If the Launcher doesn't display the latest news or the ErrorReportingTool.exe gives a message that it cannot send a report it means your system firewall is blocking the program from accessing the Internet.

To resolve this you will need to configure your firewall program to allow outgoing connections for the Launcher.exe and ErrorReportingTool.exe. This is usually done by accessing the program in the system tray (bottom right corner of the task bar).

Alternatively you can generate a report and when it fails to send automatically, you are given the option to save the file (to your desktop, etc.) and send it manually via email to support@horizongame.com
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf