AI Bug version 1.0.0.101 and below.

Report bugs or help with technical issues
keller
Contributor
Contributor

AI Bug version 1.0.0.101 and below.

Post by keller »

Today I have to report a most interesting bug that would appear to have been present in both the current version and all previous versions.
Now as we all know the universal translator gives you the ability to communicate with other races. If you don't have it, then what they are saying appears as jiberish however if the player attempts to communicate with a race and does not have the UT you simply won't be able to (so this is actually more than 1 bug)

Please note the text in the accompanying screenshot. The humans do not have the UT because they are demanding this as a gift yet they are able to communicate with me anyway and I can understand exactly what they are saying. So the bug is that AI players are able to communicate with other players/races even if they don't have the UT.

keller~

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: AI Bug version 1.0.0.101 and below.

Post by Bansheedragon »

I'm a little unsure about this one here
If you have the UT tech, then I would assume that it works both ways.

Using Star Trek as an Example here, they have UT tech.
If they speak to a race who does not have the UT tech, that race can still understand them because the UT translates both ways.

I would assume that it works the same way here, that the UT tech translates both ways.

But I am not completely sure if it actually works that way.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

The 'universal translator' check was one-sided from the player perspective. I have changed it to be consistent for all races. With the next update if either race has the technology they will be able to understand/communicate otherwise they won't until one of them discovers it.

This wasn't a bug per se but I think it will be a change for the better so thank you for bringing it up.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

he 'universal translator' check was one-sided from the player perspective
That was what threw me off. I was thinking it wasn't suppose to work if the AI was missing that tech.
This wasn't a bug per se but I think it will be a change for the better so thank you for bringing it up.
Most welcome.
keller~