Direct3D error

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Spookyy
Voyager
Voyager

Direct3D error

Post by Spookyy »

Got this Direct3D error on exit:

"The Direct3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released"

Windows 8 x64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.7 ghz, Nvidia GTX 670 2gb (320.49), 6 gb Ram, game installed on a separate harddrive.

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Direct3D error

Post by Grogger »

Hi Spookyy, thanks for the report.

Does this happen every time?

Spookyy
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Spookyy »

Only once so far.

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

Ok, thanks again

HeinzHarald
Voyager
Voyager

Post by HeinzHarald »

This happened to me too the first time I quit the game. Don't think it has happened since, but I have only started/quit a couple times more. I tried quitting just now and it didn't give this error anyway.

When the message appeared I hadn't been running the game in my native resolution. Apparently it gave me 1400x900 instead of 1920x1080 as default and I failed to notice (I play on my TV from my couch). I did notice the stretchy aspect ratio in-game though, but actually thought this was an alpha quirk so I continued playing like that for like five hours, lol. Luckily I noticed when I fired up the game next time.

GTX460 (314.22) on an intel chipset mb, Win8.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

It happened to me too, but only when I ALT-TAB to desktop and back again....I was attempting to Memory scan with artmoney for the fun of it, that could have caused it I guess....but most likely a instability with ALT-TABBING to desktop.