Can't save or get past turn 6

Report bugs or help with technical issues
pstoehr
Voyager
Voyager

Can't save or get past turn 6

Post by pstoehr »

I get an error with each turn about the game being unable to autosave to a specific location. It appears that the game has cutoff some of my username and is therefore saving to a location that does not exist.

Also, at around turn 6, there is a cutscene with news reporter talking. For me, that cutscene just runs and runs (doesn't freeze as the woman keeps moving and talking) for hours if i let it, but never lets me past this point.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Can't save or get past turn 6

Post by Zaimat »

pstoehr wrote:I get an error with each turn about the game being unable to autosave to a specific location. It appears that the game has cutoff some of my username and is therefore saving to a location that does not exist.
Thanks for sending us the error report. We have had a couple of other people with this issue and have a pretty good idea what is causing it. We are looking into this now and will post again as soon as we can.
pstoehr wrote:Also, at around turn 6, there is a cutscene with news reporter talking. For me, that cutscene just runs and runs (doesn't freeze as the woman keeps moving and talking) for hours if i let it, but never lets me past this point.
We have not seen any reports about this issue. Perhaps it's related to the first one you are having. Let's fix that one first and you can then tell us if you still have the second problem.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

We have just pushed a Hotfix about the saving issue you were experiencing. You will need to restart the Steam client to get the update (0.2.31).

Please let us know if it has resolved the issue. And if you continue to have a problem with the news reporter please let us know.

pstoehr
Voyager
Voyager

Post by pstoehr »

I'll let you know how the hotfix works out later when i get a chance to download it. I did, owever, confirm that the save issue was causing the inable to progress through the game (I ran as Admin in order to create the saves and was able to continue playing). Awesome job so far!

Wenla
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Wenla »

runtoo75 wrote:at around turn 6, there is a cutscene with news reporter talking. For me, that cutscene just runs and runs (doesn't freeze as the woman keeps moving and talking) for hours if i let it, but never lets me past this point.
Did you tried to stop it like pushing twice left mouse button?
You have to have a vision before you can define your strategy

Dialtone
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Dialtone »

I think runtoo75 is just a bot, or some kind of human bot hybrid. Its post is just a copy of part of a previous post.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Dialtone wrote:I think runtoo75 is just a bot, or some kind of human bot hybrid. Its post is just a copy of part of a previous post.
Yes it was. I have deleted it.