RESOLED: Survey Woes

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Zalthun
Vanguard
Vanguard

RESOLED: Survey Woes

Post by Zalthun »

Sometimes, in systems with more than five planets, a survey seems to 'stick' on the fifth planet and just idle there...like forever.
Emperor PayPatine out!

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Survey Woes

Post by Lithari »

Never had that happen, the only time it seems to slow down on those is when the ship or fleet runs out of supplies, you sure that's not the case here?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Please use the Report an issue link to send us your saved games if you come across and we can check what's going on if it's a bug or not.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Cumberlow
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Cumberlow »

I can confirm that this regularly happens in my games too. Hadn't noticed it was linked to the 5th planet. Have to manually survey the next planet to override the issue.

Also why does survey system waste time surveying gas giants?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Cumberlow wrote:I can confirm that this regularly happens in my games too. Hadn't noticed it was linked to the 5th planet. Have to manually survey the next planet to override the issue.
I need someone to send in a report when this happens. I don't doubt it is happening but tried a bunch of surveys but didn't come across it yet.
Also why does survey system waste time surveying gas giants?
It is a planet and conceivably could have something worth knowing about in a survey but right now gas_giants have no use you are right.

Xytop
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Xytop »

My scouts also sometimes get stuck with a planet while surveying a system. I never payed attention if it was always the fifth planet but it was a planet somewhere in the middle. But I think it only happens with occupied planets, so I always thought that it has something to do with the enemy fleet/starbase as they prevent my scout from surveying the planet (you see the tactical combat pop up for a few seconds at the end of the turn).

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

This was occurring sometimes when surveying very large or huge planets. I found the reason why (survey range was too strict although the ship was in orbit, it was deemed not in survey range)

This bug has been fixed and will be patched on Alpha v0.0.2.33. Closing thread and moving to Support section (please open new thread if needed)