ISN vs Research

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Xenotron
Vanguard
Vanguard

ISN vs Research

Post by Xenotron »

Not sure, but it seems that if Research breakthrough's animation and ISN's animation happen on the same turn, then only ISN's one take place.
I have strong feeling that I saw ISN news and then some messages about Research breakthrough in Turn events screen, but no animation about these researches.

Could someone confirm this issue? Will try to reproduce it this evening.

P.S. Will it be more convenient to start a separate topic for each such issue (that can't be reported by build-in tool due to some reasons) or to combine several issues into one topic? I think that one topic for each issue is more preferable, but it's up to administration to decide.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: ISN vs Research

Post by Zaimat »

If it's closely related to the same issue, one topic/thread is fine and preferable to us.

Regarding the issue you may have experienced. When it happens, if you save the game and exit. Then use the launcher to 'report an issue' will give us the error logs and dx diagnostics which helps. Remember to include your forum name or email address so we know it's you. Thanks!
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Xenotron
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Xenotron »

I bought a game just yesterday and was too curious to play it and too dumb to proceed with Report a bug feature...
Tonight will try to be a more grateful player :lol:

Xenotron
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Xenotron »

Does Report a bug tool really work?
I tried several times yesterday and always got error about SMTP and suggestion to apply report manually. Will screen this error tonight.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Xenotron wrote:Does Report a bug tool really work? I tried several times yesterday and always got error about SMTP and suggestion to apply report manually. Will screen this error tonight.
If you have a firewall blocking out-bound connections it could be the reason it's failing. The error report tries twice before giving up and prompting you to save it and send manually (support@horizongame.com).

If it's not a firewall issue it could be the mail server refusing the connection from your IP range/country. We haven't had any other reports of failures but in the next update we will put a failover to a different mail server just in case that is the reason.

{EDIT:updated}
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf