RESOLVED: [338] Kuntari Cruiser-3

Report bugs or help with technical issues
CellNav
Contributor
Contributor

RESOLVED: [338] Kuntari Cruiser-3

Post by CellNav »

Zaimat,

As a standard practice, I sent you a bug today and I'll post the problem here. I'm doing this in case other players might see the same issue on other ships because I haven't had the chance to fight all the races yet ...

Bug : Kuntari Cruiser-3 ... one shot kill against it showing damage (orange text) with a 10-digit value.

I first encountered this bug in v337. I tested it a few times and my first impression was that it only happened when I shot the cruiser in the front arc. In my current saved game(338-30), I had more time to test it since the Kuntari is allied (I was at war with them in 337). I discovered the facing didn't matter nor did the type of weapon and damage. My second impression was that the tech level of the weapon might be overkilling the shot or perhaps the extra abilities, that was true for both cases in 337 and 338.

Bonus bug ... After you kill the cruiser, hit space bar and finish the round. When the next turn comes up, goto the races screen and note the Kuntari relation hasn't changed. I think they should be a little pissed, huh? :roll:

EDIT : I have a screen shot (using F12 hotkey, Steam) ...

Thanks!
Don't let me wake up and catch you sleeping !!!

Fairin
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [338] Kuntari Cruiser-3

Post by Fairin »

ehh, that was me. slippin a little awesome into one of your ships... >:)
=(^.-.^)=

" A person can look for their one true love and find them, but could they look like the one true love for the person they find. " - Fairin

CellNav
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CellNav »

Fairin wrote:ehh, that was me. slippin a little awesome into one of your ships... >:)
Now that I think about it ... There was a rumor floating around the ship that one of the crew members saw a furry creature near the weapons bay with a Uranium X-31 Exploding Space Fairinator ... I dismissed the rumor since my crew just got back from shore leave and one of the side effects of drinking Kuntarian Ale is sprouting excessive amounts of fur across the entire body ... :lol: ... I will need to post more security next time, thank you!
Don't let me wake up and catch you sleeping !!!

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Nice screenshot!
Bug : Kuntari Cruiser-3 ... one shot kill against it showing damage (orange text) with a 10-digit value.
This is fixed in build 3.41. It had to do with the Kuntari Cruisers having shields in the ship design but the race not having the technology so the shields value had fallen in the large negatives "causing a tear in the time continuum". So the ships were self imploding on the first dmg. sustained.. ;)
Bonus bug ... After you kill the cruiser, hit space bar and finish the round. When the next turn comes up, goto the races screen and note the Kuntari relation hasn't changed. I think they should be a little pissed, huh? :roll:
The tolerance was moving notice the arrow pointing left on the meter below the race pad. Since you had a strong alliance one attack didn't budge the meter too much. But I did find that the race wasn't warning you about the attack, it does now and after the warning it will usually declare war on any further transgressions (or break the alliance).

Thanks for finding these bugs :)
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf